Now, Department of Basic Education (DBE) is looking for 300 000 people to be school assistants and they will be placed in nearly 26 000 schools in all provinces of South Africa.
Basic Education Sector aims to create 200 000 employment opportunities for Education Assistants and 100 000 for General School Assistants. This will be accomplished through the Basic Education Employment Initiative (BEE1). Education Assistants will support teachers in the classroom and provide extra support to learners. General School Assistants will help schools to comply with COVID-19 protocols while ensuring that teaching and learning take place in a safe, secure and hygienic environment. Source: Official press release of Department of Basic Education (DBE).
If your application is successful, you will earn a monthly stipend. The nominal of monthly stipend is R3 500 (less 1% UIF contribution). You also will sign on a contract between 01 December 2020 until 31 March 2021.
Qualification to apply:
- Between 18 -35 years old
- If you apply with post school qualifications you will be prioritised for all available positions.
How to apply:
You can register directly from the mobi-site that prepared by committe:
- If you have an ID, please visit https://sayouth.datafree.co/
- If you don’t have an ID, please visit http://bit.ly/DeptEducationMenu
You just need about 4 minutes to apply and answer all available questions. After that, you will see the jobs, then you can click on Apply Now button. prepare the ZIP or postal code for where you live.
- If your application is successful you will be contacted via SMS to arrange an interview
- Closing date for applications is 16 November 2020. If you are not contacted by committee until 1 December 2020, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Call us on our toll free line if you need any support +27 80 072 7272.