Woolworths is a business that offers a variety of products ranging from food, homeware, to financial services. The company’s mission is to be the premier fashion store in the Southern Hemisphere. In order to bring this ambition to fruition, the firm employs more than 31 000 people in South Africa and more than 43 000 workers throughout the Group, which includes offices in South Africa, Africa, and Australasia.
Every client we serve, every product they sell, and every action they make is guided by their beliefs, which means that they are committed to bringing excellence to life. Our beliefs guide and support the way they do their company. From values-based leadership to passionate brand promotion, they are committed to ensuring that our values are reflected in all aspects of our organization.
About the Woolworths Job Vacancy as Technical Assistant 2022
Woolworths is offering an employment opportunity for candidates looking for a permanent opportunity to work in Retail as a professional Technical Assistant. The Woolworths Job Vacancy as Technical Assistant is a great chance for you to offer complete technical and general support for your administration to technologies by specialising in data collation.
As a Technical Assistant, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Supplier assistance includes transmitting monthly sales units and customer complaint data to suppliers, as well as monitoring and tracing complaint samples back to the source
- In the case of Groceries, this includes but is not limited to the proactive and timely management of deadlines, National RTVs, DC RTVs, Store RTVs, Audit remediation (including FPI site certifications), Derogations (including travel tests), Shelf life exercises (including internal audits), ensuring supplier contact lists are updated, and ensuring supplier contact lists are updated
- Prepare, update, and maintain the departmental FPI system, as well as updating and ensuring the integrity of quality management data stored on the FPI system, among other things
- As directed by the Technologists and Technical Manager, general administration is performed
- Quality control includes the following activities: requesting, preparing, and coordinating samples for quality control and tasting sessions. Support product tastings and gather feedback information. (Be able to work with and prepare non-halaal, non-kosher, and pet food items)
- Information collection and reporting: daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting on customer complaints (from beginning to end), complaint trending, RTVs, IBL audits, quality control sessions, brand integrity schedules and reports, food safety reports, and/or other reports as required by the business
- Products are tested in the following ways: samples are submitted, laboratory testing is coordinated between departments and the laboratory, and product shelf-life testing and loading into the FPI system are performed.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Woolworths Job Vacancy as Technical Assistant’s Reference Number: woolw_000198.
Candidates interested in the Woolworths Job Vacancy as Technical Assistant must fulfill eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this position. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences for the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Woolworths Job Vacancy as Technical Assistant Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Has a Matric qualification
- Possesses at least 2-5 years of admin experience relevant to the job
- Has a strong understanding of computer literacy (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Can obtain insights from data analytics, and make the necessary recommendations from the acquired insights
- Understands Woolworths Systems knowledge and other desirable skills (e.g. FPI, COGNOS, CFE, LARS, Data Warehouse, Oracle)
- Puts on a high-quality mindset
- Understands administration system skills
- Can work with other team members
- Prepared to work under pressure
- Prioritises their work well with sound time management skills
- Display strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Shows proven ability to capture and track down the data
- Puts on a customer-oriented mindset
- Plans and organises their workload well
- Has a keen eye for the smaller details
- Advantageous: has previous admin/secretarial qualifications.
Apply online: Woolworths Job Vacancy as Technical Assistant 2022.
To access the online portal above, it’s advisable that you do so by opening Google Chrome.
Candidates are required to register on the application portal in order to submit their applications. This account will be required for the duration of the registration process.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Woolworths Job Vacancy as Technical Assistant must be submitted before the closing date on 01 February 2022.
Be sure to send in your applications as soon as possible. An early submission can help you guarantee a spot during the registration period. Plus, it prevents any unwanted last-minute incidents, like sudden heavy Internet traffic or missing documents.
Applications for the programme must be submitted before the closing date. Late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee, and these kinds of submissions will be disqualified by the programme.
Woolworths holds all rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.