About Umgeni Water
Umgeni Water is an establishment that aims to be a worldwide leader in the sustainable supply of water and associated services. Creating value for their consumers via creative, sustainable, effective, and economical water and associated services is the organization’s objective.
Umgeni Water’s strategic objective is to be a vital partner in enabling the government to offer effective and efficient water and associated services to the general public. Ultimately, the goal of Umgeni Water is to offer water and associated services in order to improve the quality of life while also promoting sustainable economic growth.
About the Umgeni Water Bursaries 2022
Umgeni Water is offering financial assistance for academically-talented South African students who are pursuing their tertiary education journey in 2022. The Umgeni Water Bursaries program is an all-inclusive initiative that invites individuals from all walks of life. As an awardee, you will get the required assistance to complete your academic qualification. If you have excellent academic records and other useful characteristics as a student, you are strongly urged to apply for this position.
The Umgeni Water Bursaries is available for the courses below:
- Bachelor of Science: Environmental Science/Ecology/Biology
- Bachelor of Science: Biochemistry/Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science: Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science: Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science: Hydrology
- Bachelor of Science: Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science: Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science: Computer Science/Data Science/Cyber Security
As an awardee, you will be entitled to financial aid that will cover your tuition expenses, registration costs, daily meals, accommodation costs, prescribed study materials, and stationery.
If you think this opportunity works for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Umgeni Water Bursaries.
First and foremost, you must familiarize yourself with the Umgeni Water Bursaries’seligibility standards. Each of these criteria will influence whether or not you would be an excellent candidate. In case you’d want to double-check your credentials, please refer to the list of qualifying prerequisites provided below. Ideally, if you want to enhance your chances of success, you should be able to meet all of the requirements on the following list.
The Umgeni Water Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Finished their Matric qualification
- Pursuing a full-time education in one of the fields mentioned above
- Accomplished the 1st year of your education
- Planning to start on your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of your academic studies in 2022
- Pursuing your studies in a well-recognised tertiary institution in the country
- Displays an impressive academic track record
- Proven to show legitimate financial need
- Prepared to sign a contract with Umgeni Water
- Preference is offered to candidates who are residing within the area of KwaZulu-Natal province and students from certain groups
- Female candidates are welcome to register.
Download Application Form: Umgeni Water Bursaries 2022.
Once you have downloaded the application form, please skim through the instructions first before filling it in with your relevant answers. This is to ensure you don’t make any mistakes on the form.
On top of that, you will need to send in the documents below:
- Certified copy of Valid South African ID document (student)
- Proof of physical home address: A letter from the Traditional Authority Offices for those residing from the villages and a letter from the Municipality Offices for those of
- Town/Townships / Farms (statement of account, e.g. water bill will not be accepted)
- Proof of parent (s) or guardian income (salary payslip). In the case of deceased parent(s), attach a copy of the Death Certificates
- Motivation letter from the student
- Certified copy of proof of registration
- Matric certificate and current academic record (Statement of results) not older than 3 months.
All these documents should be compiled into one dossier. Incomplete dossiers will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Once everything is all set, please send in your application form along with the documents above to this email address: [email protected] (for the attention of Ms. Nokuphiwa Mkhize – Skills Development Facilitator).
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the email provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Umgeni Water Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 31 December 2021.
Be sure to send in your applications as soon as possible. An early submission can help you guarantee a spot during the registration period. Plus, it prevents any unwanted last-minute incidents, like sudden heavy Internet traffic or missing documents.
Applications for the programme must be submitted before the closing date. Late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee, and these kinds of submissions will be disqualified by the programme.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 4 weeks past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the bursaries.
Umgeni Water holds all rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Do you have a question regarding the Umgeni Water Bursaries? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
Telephone Number: +27 33 341 1208/1118