About UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
The University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) is a prominent institution for African scholarship education. In order to become a really South African Institution of Choice, the university must be academically good, creative in research, entrepreneurial, and critically engaged with society. A value-driven organizational culture is being established at UKZN, with the purpose of empowering the Institution and its employees to fulfill institutional objectives.
Established as an institution of choice, the University will recruit and retain top-tier academic and support staff by creating an intellectual environment that fosters and stimulates academic life as well as a climate of organizational citizenship in which all members of the University community recognize and understand their role in ensuring the success of the institution.
About the UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal) Bursaries 2022
The UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal)is offering financial assistance for bright-minded South African students who are registered in one of their campuses. The UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal) Bursaries is an all-inclusive programme that welcomes people of all different backgrounds. As an awardee, you will be provided with the necessary support to chase after your academic qualification. If you display exemplary academic scores and valuable qualities as a student, you are more than encouraged to give this opportunity a shot.
At the moment, the UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal) Bursaries is available for the following fields:
- College of Health Science (Westville Campus or Howard and Medical School)
- College of Humanities (All Campuses)
- College of Law & Management Studies (Pietermaritzburg Campus or Westville)
- College of Agriculture, Engineering Sciences (Westville, Pietermaritzburg, Howard campus)
Candidates interested in the UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal) Bursaries must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal) Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially registered or planning to register for a full-time study at the University of KwaZulu-Natal and for the academic year in 2022
- Pursuing your education in one of the colleges mentioned above
- Have obtained at least an overall average aggregate score of at least 55% for your degree education
- Has a household family income that does not exceed more than R350 000/year
- Does not have the capability to obtain funding for the 2022 academic year/has outstanding debt.
Download application form: UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal) Bursaries 2022.
After you have downloaded the application form, please fill it in with your most relevant responses by typing them into the appropriate areas. All of the personal information you submit should be accurate and correspond to your actual circumstances.
Furthermore, you will need to attach the following documents:
- A certified copy of you student Identity Document
- Certified copies of your family’s Identity Documents
- Certified copies of relevant documents if your parent or guardian is married, divorced, or deceased
- Certified copies of pay slips or SASSA confirmation (must have ID details included) or proof of unemployment.
All these documents above should not be older than 3 months.
The information you provide will be reviewed by the whole selection committee, which will include you. As a result, you should double-check to ensure that there is no fictitious information. If there is any evidence that applicants are giving false information, they may be placed in a hazardous position.
By submitting your applications, you are granting permission to the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event.
Candidates are required to submit their applications via the respective email addresses below:
College of Agriculture, Engineering Sciences
- Howard Camppus: [email protected] (For the attention of Ms. Linda Mdunge)
- PMB Camppus: [email protected] (For the attention of Marcia Ntamote)
- Westville Camppus: [email protected] (For the attention of Mr. Mbongiseni Mkhize)
College of Health Science
- Howard and Medical School Campus: [email protected] (For the attention of Mr. Bongumusa Gumbi)
- Westville Campus: [email protected]a (For the attention of Mr. Jay Maharajh)
College of Humanities (All Campuses)
College of Law & Management Studies
- Westville Campus: [email protected] (For the attention of Mrs. Merci Rajkumar)
- PMB Campus: [email protected] (For the attention of Mr Sandile Mngadi)
Applications for the UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal) Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 01 February 2022.
Be sure to send in your applications as soon as possible. An early submission can help you guarantee a spot during the registration period. Plus, it prevents any unwanted last-minute incidents, like sudden heavy Internet traffic or missing documents.
Applications for the programme must be submitted before the closing date. Late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee, and these kinds of submissions will be disqualified by the programme.
UKZN (University of KwaZulu-Natal) holds all rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.