Transnet is a South African company that specialises in the field of freight transport and handling. Responsible for overseeing the services within commercial handling, the company is primarily involved in sea-route freight. This typically involves the imports, exports, as well as transhipments of other bulk across several cargo sectors.
Transnet is prominent in several different locations, with an operational model that expands across Eastern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, and Western ape. Serving different demographics and economic sectors, Transnet portfolio has served them well in a variety of industries. These include agriculture, cargo agents, steel, vehicle manufacturers, and more.
About the Transnet Bursaries 2022
Transnet is offering bursary programmes for students who are planning to pursue a full-time study in a tertiary institution for the 2022 academic year. The Transnet Bursaries are wonderful opportunities for current full-time students or Grade 12 students who are planning to continue their education in the following year.
There are currently two kinds of bursaries available, which are:
Commercial Bursary (Degree/National Diploma):
- Human Kinetics & Ergonomics
- Environmental Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Social Work/Industrial & Organisational Psychology/Psychological Counseling
- Property Management/Real Estate/Town Regional Planning
- Safety Management/Risk Management
- Information Technology/Informatics
- Logistics Management/Transport Management
- Management Accounting
- Data Science/Computer Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Business Information Systems
- Human Resources
- Security Management/Policing
- Actuarial Science/Statistics
- Information Systems/Analytics
Engineering Bursary (B.Eng/B.Sc)
- Industrial Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Marine Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
As an awardee, you will be entitled to coverage for items like tuition expenses, prescribed study materials, accommodations costs, and prescribed study materials. However, candidates will be required to participate in the obligatory vacation work at Transnet during their vacation period. Renewal is available – provided the candidates are able to maintain their successful academic track record.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the Transnet Bursaries? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The Transnet Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Must have finished their Matric qualification or currently pursuing your Matric qualification
- Planning to study or currently studying towards any one of the study fields mentioned above
- Planning to pursue their studies or is currently studying in an accredited South African tertiary institution
- For the Specialist Commercial Bursary, you will need to obtain at least an APS score of 5 for the subjects of Physical Science, Mathematics and English in your Grade 12/Matric qualification
- For the Engineering Bursary, you will need to obtain at least a 5 symbol for the subject of Physical Science, Mathematics, and English in your Grade 12/Matric qualification.
Apply via email: [email protected] (Transnet Bursaries 2022).
First off, candidates will need to download the Official Application Form.
Once you have the application form on hand, please fill it in with important personal details. By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Additionally, you must provide the documents below:
- Certified copies of your Identity Document
- A Matric qualification/latest academic track records
- Letter of acceptance/proof of registration
- A concise Curriculum Vitae (CV).
All these documents should be included in your application dossier. Incomplete dossiers will automatically be disqualified.
Once everything is settled, please send in your applications to the email address above.
Applications for the Transnet Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 05 November 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Transnet reserves the right to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.