Transnet is a logistics chain company in South African that fulfills their promise of delivering items from one place to another safely. The company is supported by a solid, extensive operational system that consists of freight rails, national ports authority, property, rail engineering, porta terminals, and pipelines. Owned and supervised by the sate, Transnet is dedicated to bringing quality logistics solutions to the people of South Africa. The company is involved in an integral role to support their surrounding communities and societies in whatever they do. Motivated by excellence, Transnet is a leading example in the industry.
About the Transnet Apprenticeships 2021
Transnet is offering apprenticeship programmes to South African individuals who would like to work on their respective trades in a real-time work setting. The Transnet Apprenticeships is conducted to support the company’s Transnet’s Human Capital Development Strategy. The establishment believes that by extending their assistance towards young individuals, they can develop themselves to become full-fledged artisans in the future.
Throughout the Transnet Apprenticeships, you are required to show the following outputs:
- Participating in theory training sessions
- Writing up tests to review your knowledge
- Following the practical training sessions
- Attending to workplace sessions and tracking down your working progress in logbooks
- Finishing the training requests as prescribed by the Trainer
- Studying for the upcoming trade test
- Finishing and evaluating assessment procedures
- Obtaining the necessary feedback from the final assessments.
The Transnet Apprenticeships is available for the trade below:
Diesel Electrical Fitter Electrical Fitter Electrician
- Electro Mechanician
Millwright Tool Maker Turner & Machinist
Candidates interested in the Transnet Apprenticeships must fulfill and eligibility criteria to be considered ideal for the programme. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to undergo through the course of the programme or not. To ensure a successful application, make sure you meet all these items below. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications.
The Transnet Apprenticeships Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- NTC2 qualification with 4 relevant trade subjects (all pass)
- Or, a National Certificate (Vocational) Qualification NQF Level 4 or above with 7 relevant trade subjects (all pass)
- Or, a Technical Matric qualification with Pure Mathematics and Physical Science (passed with relevant trade theory).
2. Working Attributes
- Shows a sense of commitment
- Dedicated to the line of work
- Manages time well
- Keen eye for small details
- Listens to others well
- Prioritizes results.
Welder Apprenticeship X10 (Ref No: 3001573) in Koedoespoort
Email: [email protected]
Electro Mechanician Apprenticeship X10 (Ref No: 3001579) in Koedoespoort
Email: [email protected]
Candidates must send an email based on the apprenticeship field and city that you prefer.
By sending your applications, you are hereby giving permission to have your information utilized by the selection committee for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration procedure.
Submissions must be made through email only. Applications sent through other methods, such as fax or hand delivery, will not be acknowledged by the selection committee.
- Candidates are required to be officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Candidates must not obtain other bursary obligations provided by other institutions
- Preference will be offered to candidates who are recognized as a South African youth (below 35 years old)
- Training sessions will be conducted in a Transnet School of Engineering Campus
- The apprenticeship will not be responsible for the participants’ accommodation and transportation costs throughout the entire programme
- The apprenticeship is a training opportunity. Therefore, the programme does not guarantee any permanent employment once the programme is finished.
Applications for the Transnet Apprenticeships must be submitted before the closing date on 19 November 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Candidates discovered to be making their submissions past the closing date will not be acknowledged.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within one month past the closing date, we regret to inform you that your application has not bee accepted.
Transnet reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.