About TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority)
TCTA, short for Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority, is an establishment that is responsible for providing the financial means for projects that deal with bulk raw water. Supervised directly by the state, the TCTA is regulated under the National Department of Water and Sanitation. The establishment plays a vital role in uplifting South Africa’s usage of water resources. Dealing with one of the most used resources in the country, TCTA recognizes the importance of providing nothing but the best for water infrastructure projects. Acting accordingly to the constitutional obligations that have been set in the industry, the TCTA is on the right path to providing quality water resources to citizens of South Africa.
TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries 2021
TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) is offering bursaries for academically-talented students who show strong potential in their educational pursuits. The TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries aims to support seven (7) bursary opportunities for students who come from Previously Disadvantaged Backgrounds. TCTA recognizes the importance of investing into their current generation in order to uplift the country’s human resources. By accommodating these bursary schemes, TCTA has high expectations that South Africa can produce some of the most intelligent youths in the world.
The TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries are available for young folks who are already pursuing their undergraduate degrees. Additionally, students who are planning to embark on their tertiary studies are more than welcomed to give these bursary opportunities a shot. Candidates are expected to be studying in an accredited higher learning institution that is based in South Africa.
The TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries is available for these following study courses:
- BSc or BEng in Civil/Electrical (Controls & Instrumentation)/Mechanical/Chemical: 4 bursary opportunities
- BCom Economics (Financial Management/Treasury & Investment, Commercial or any related numerate Degree: 2 bursary opportunities
- BSc in Environmental Science/Environmental Management, Environmental Law: 1 bursary opportunity
The TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries provides coverage for a number of student related expenses. The bursaries will pay off your full registration fees, accommodation costs, daily meals, prescribed study materials, and a monthly allowance. All forms of payment shall be done as per the criteria that has been established by TCTA.
Candidates are encouraged to participate in the TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries. However, there are a couple of items potential candidates should tick off before joining the programme. The selection committee has an eligibility criteria for candidates which they expect will be completely fulfilled. To guarantee a level of success with your applications, it is advised that you meet these requirements below. Failure to do so will cost you your chances of having your applications accepted by the selection committee.
The TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a legitimate citizen of South Africa (has a South African Identity Document)
- Does not exceed 35 years old
- Unemployed during the bursaries
- Not tied to another bursary or sponsorship
- Successfully enrolled in a University
- Possess a National Senior Certificate with a University entrance
- Must have attained at least 60% for Matric English, Science, and Mathematics
- Current students of tertiary institutions must attain at least 65% for their major subjects
- Parents or close relatives must not be a current working staff of TCTA (to prevent conflict of interest)
- Has a household income that does not exceed R350 000/year (excluding tax)
- Recognized as a person living with disabilities.
Download application form: TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries 2021.
Candidates must fill in the application form with accurate personal details. All provided information should correctly represent your current conditions. Candidates discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration procedure.
On top of your application form, candidates must provide these following documents as well:
- A valid, certified copy of your South African Identity Document
- An affidavit proving that you are not employed and are currently not committed to other bursaries/sponsorships
- A valid, certified copy of your South African NSC
- A legitimate proof of acceptance into a university, and any invoices (if applicable)
- A legitimate statement of your full academic results, and any invoices (if applicable)
- An affidavit proving that your parents or guardians are currently unemployed (if they are employed, please send in a pay slip)
- A completed SARS document.
Once your application form is completed and your documents are compiled, please send in your dossier to Nomvula Mhlambi via e-mail address: [email protected] Do not forget to indicate your position on the e-mail subject line. This helps the selection committee identify your bursary applications.
Applications for the TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 11 December 2020 at 5pm.
The selection committee does not tolerate any late applications. Candidates found to be making their submissions past the deadline will not be acknowledged by the selection committee.
Announcements will only be made to candidates who have been shortlisted for the bursary. Should you not receive a direct notification from the selection committee within 30 days past the deadline, we regret to inform you that your applications has not been accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to participate in further verification and interviews held by TCTA. Please be kindly informed that TCTA reserves all rights with their appointments. All decisions made by TCTA are final.
If you have any general questions regarding the TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursaries, please do not hesitate to reach out to the committee to get your answers.
Telephone Number: +27 12 683 12 31
E-mail Address: [email protected]