About Stats SA (Statistics South Africa)
Statistics South Africa, also known as Stats SA, is an organization that compiles information based on scientific expertise to produce solutions for the country’s socio-economic matters. The establishment is currently regulated under the POPI Act 2013 (Act 4 of 2013) and of course, the Statistics Act, 1999 (Act No 6 of 1999). Stats SA is mainly responsible for providing accessible information towards the general public in an efficient and affordable manner. The organization does this by garnering a team of hardworking staff members and using digital resources to get their information in check. All in all, the organization’s high administrative competence has created a fulfilling environment for the spread of information in South Africa.
About Stats SA Contract Employment 2021
Statistics South Africa is offering contract employment opportunities for young, capable individuals who register on the portal’s human resources database. The Stats SA Contract Employment is a wonderful chance for citizens who are interested in the organizations line of work. Stats SA requires a lot of manpower to handle their responsibilities, which ranges from multiple services in Census, General Household, Labour Force, and more. Due to the overwhelming workload experienced by the organization, Stats SA is recruiting fresh individuals to handle their projects and surveys.
New contract staff will be employed provided they register on the online databased provided by Stats SA. By joining this database, the selection committee can filter out ideal candidates who meet the criteria of their contract employment positions. Please be kindly informed that projects may vary and will be conducted in all parts of the country. Therefore, everyone from any background and province are more than welcomed to give this opportunity a shot. Additionally, all contract employment opportunities have different job contents, durations, remunerations, and specific working conditions. But in general, selected candidates of the Stats SA Contract Employment will be asked to participate in these following areas of work:
- Data Capturing: recording and capturing required information
- Clerical and Administrative: performing responsibilities relevant to both administrative and non-administrative tasks
- Fieldwork/Data Collection: visiting houses to collect information from people living in the household
- Supervisory: overseeing the activities done under Stats SA
- Data Processing: organizing and checking all information that is received.
Note: some areas of work will require you to bring the working tools provided by Stats SA. Contract employees will only receiver their payments if they return the tools they were assigned with.
All interested candidates of the Stats SA Contract Employment 2021 must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the organization. Each of these items will determine whether you are a qualified candidate fit for the contact employment opportunities. Make sure that you secure a spot by meeting all these requirements below. Failure to do so might cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall results of your applications.
The Stats SA Contract Employment Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. General Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Clear from any criminal track records
- Has a Matric qualification or any relevant Senior Certificate
- Shows proven fluency in any of one of the 11 official languages in South Africa
- Prepared to work irregular hours (e.g. weekend shifts).
2. Specific Working Abilities
- Shows impressive communication abilities
- Has a Driver’s License (advantageous)
- Understands basic computer literacy
- Has a typing speed of at least 35 words per minute
- Prioritizes accuracy during work
- Possesses adequate administrative abilities
- Has prior experience working as a supervisor.
Apply online: Stats SA Contract Employment 2021.
- This registration is free! No payment required to register
- There is 8 steps to complete registration!
- Upload required documents!
- Don’t share your personal information, like your ID number, address, phone number, etc on social media.
Candidates are required to provide several documents when processing their applications online. Additionally, these documents should not exceed more than 6 months within their certification. These documents include:
- Copies of Identity Document
- Matric certificates
- Driver’s License
- Proof of residence (e.g. affidavit, municipality bill, lease agreement, etc).
Candidates who do not provide the documents above will not be able to process their applications. Please be kindly informed that all documents will go through serious vetting to check its validity.
Applications must be proceed through the application link provided above. Submissions made through other external methods will not be acknowledged by the selection committee. Walk-in applications are strictly disallowed due to the unforeseen circumstance of COVID-19.
Applications for the Stats SA Contract Employment must be submitted before the closing date on 15 December 2020.
The selection committee will not tolerate any late submissions. Applications sent past the deadline will not be regarded by the selection committee.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to take part in a training assessment for further evaluation.
- Statistics South Africa holds all rights to process an application or not based on their ability to fulfill the eligibility criteria
- Selected contract employees will be assigned within their local areas since the organization does not provide transporation
- Candidates are required to disclose information about their status in a company or if their company is affiliated with governmental bodies
- Candidates are required to provide Stats SA consent to process their personal details.
Should you have any further enquiries or concerns regarding the Stats SA Contract Employment, do not hesitate to reach out to the committee through the contact information provided below:
Khoza Sarah: +27 12 310 8097
More Omphile: +27 12 310 8504