About Starke Ayres
Starke Ayres South Africa is a well-known and respected seed company that has been in operation for over 140 years. It is a subsidiary of the JSE-listed company, Plennegy Limited. Starke Ayres specializes in the development, production, and distribution of vegetable, herb, and flower seeds, as well as seedlings and planting materials. They have a wide range of products that cater to the needs of both commercial farmers and home gardeners.
The company has a strong presence in South Africa, with a head office in Johannesburg and regional offices in major cities such as Cape Town, Durban, and Port Elizabeth. They also have a network of authorized dealers and distributors throughout the country. One of Starke Ayres’ strengths is their focus on research and development. They have a team of highly skilled and experienced plant breeders and researchers who work tirelessly to develop new varieties that are better adapted to South African growing conditions.
About the Starke Ayres Job Vacancy as Sales Representative 2023
Starke Ayres is looking for a capable candidate to fill in their available position as Sales Representative at their dynamic Eastern Retail Region location. As a Sales Representative for Starke Ayres, your primary responsibility will be to promote and sell the company’s products locally while also reporting to the Regional Sales Manager.
Your responsibilities also include:
- Consistently meets monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets while maximizing opportunities to close sales and expand market share
- Develops a product priority plan for their area on an annual, seasonal, and monthly basis and identifies priority customers accordingly
- Takes responsibility for creating a customer sales plan and implements and monitors the strategy weekly and monthly
- Regularly visits existing and potential customers using pre-determined sales routes, calling cycles, and appointments
- Keeps customers up-to-date on product information, price lists, and promotions
- Promotes priority products based on customer needs and product benefits and identifies promotion and advertising needs in their sales area
- Plays an active role in planning and executing exhibitions, in-store promotions, and show displays
- Distributes promotional and advertising materials such as product profiles, brochures, leaflets, bulletins, posters, display boards, and product samples
- Manages deliveries by packing them onto the shop floor, and ensures correct pricing, proper rotation, and removal of expired stock, among other things
- Identifies prime spots for erecting stands during key selling seasons and implements all promotions negotiated with head office.
The Starke Ayres Job Vacancy as Sales Representative is currently based in this location: Port Shepstone.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Starke Ayres Job Vacancy as Sales Representative 2023’s Reference Number: R110004.
Please register if you’re interested in the Sales Representative position at Starke Ayres. Don’t worry if you are still wondering if you would fit in. All you need to do is double-check your qualifications against the criteria of the selection committee and the prerequisites listed below. Make sure you meet all of the requirements if you want to have a chance of being accepted. While it might not definitely disqualify you, doing so could lower your chances of being accepted.
The Starke Ayres Job Vacancy as Sales Representative Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Has a Matric qualification
- Has at least 3-5 years of experience working in the retail sales industry
- Shows proper financial acumen and basic computer literacy (at an intermediate level)
- Advantageous: owns a Degree in the field of Marketing or a relevant field.
Apply online Starke Ayres Job Vacancy as Sales Representative 2023 at:
It is advised that you use Google Chrome as your browser to access the aforementioned website. To submit their applications, candidates must first sign up on the application platform. Throughout the registration procedure, this account will be necessary.
As an alternative, you may submit your application using your phone because it is much more convenient than using a computer. You may use Google Chrome as your web browser if you have an Android-powered phone. You don’t need to install any additional browsers because Google Chrome is pre-installed on OS Android smartphones.
You hereby authorize the selection committee to use your personal information for registration purposes by sending in your applications.
The legitimacy of the candidates will be confirmed by extra examination and vetting procedures for applications. During the registration period, anyone discovered to have lied about anything on their application would not be permitted to register.
Applicants must submit their applications through the aforementioned site. The selection committee will not accept submissions sent by hand delivery or fax or by any other means.
Application is available as long as it is not deleted on its official website.
It is recommended that candidates submit their applications promptly, allowing ample time to review and evaluate the contents. Please prepare your application at your earliest convenience.
During the recruitment process, Starke Ayres holds the right to appoint or decline to appoint a candidate. The decisions made by the selection committee are considered final.