About Standard Bank
Standard Bank is regarded as Africa’s largest banking establishment that provides exemplary service and creates long-lasting relationships with prominent partners. In South Africa alone, Standard Bank has a rich 154-year history that has strengthened and sharpened the bank’s capabilities. Standard Bank is well-known for their portfolio of diverse financial services. Whether you are a small enterprise, or a massive corporation, Standard Bank is ready to serve you.
Standard Bank is powered by a team of enthusiastic specialists that possess a wide knowledge on banking, trading, risk management, finance, investment, and advisory services. They are dedicated employees that you rely on to answer enquiries related to global markets, international transactions, investment banking, and many more. With 720 branches in South Africa alone, Standard Bank is a super accessible bank with a lot to offer.
About the Standard Bank Learnerships 2021-2023
Standard Bank is offering learnership programmes for South African individuals with three (3) available fields that are relevant to the company’s line of work. The Standard Bank Learnerships is a fruitful series of programmes that will enrich you with a strong, working foundation to better prepare yourself for the upcoming job market.
Throughout the programme, you will be equipped with theoretical assessments as well as practical working sessions, giving you an in-depth look into the department you have chosen to pursue. Assisted by professional training providers, the experience from these learnerships will transform you into an attractive asset for you future employers. Learners will also be eligible for a monthly allowance of R4 000 to support their journey.
The Standard Bank Learnerships is available for three (3) fields:
1. Cash Shared Services Learnership (Job ID: 52592)
The Cash Shared Services Learnership will provide you with knowledge and skills regarding cash management services within a Banking environment. Conducted in Joburg, Gauteng, learners will be asked to provide assistance in the maintenance of cash value chain and offering SME support that is professional and efficient. Learners will be engaging with clients daily. If you have a customer-centric attitude and loves to provide excellent satisfaction, this learnership will work best for you.
- Verifying the deposit amounts received from customers
- Processing transactions using cheque deposit
- Activating the workstation as well as the necessary equipment to process transactions
- Displaying the correct client code when processing a dposit
- Verifying the contents of a cosignment document in a secure manner
- Taking out bag contents (e.g. cash and cheques) and putting them under further investigation
- Releasing deposits according to the standard of procedures
- Keeping the workplace tidy and putting the equipment in their respective place
- Sorting out the waste as according to the day
- Securely locking the deposit and cheques.
2. VAF Operations Learnership (Job ID: 52591)
The VAF Operations Learnership will provide you with knowledge and skills regarding VAF processes within a Banking environment. Conducted in Joburg, Gauteng, learners will be asked to provide assistance in the providing finance and mobility solutions through integrated means and with the right distribution channels. If you wish to provide excellence solutions to a variety of clients, you are more than encouraged to give this learnership a shot.
- Developing a strong understanding in the VAF end-to-end value chain
- Understanding the process behind Capture to Pay-out when making deals
- Providing answers towards enquiries received from clients
- Following up with clients who have yet to provide their documents
- Establishing long-lasting, professional relationships with clients
- Adhering to the standard or procedures taken in place
- Conducting necessary verification checks on clients.
3. Business Operations Learnership (Job ID: 52593)
The Business Operations Learnership will provide you with knowledge and skills regarding the business, wholesale, and commercial aspects of offering banking products. Conducted in Constantia Kloof, Gauteng, learners will be asked to increasing the entity’s capability to grow as a banking establishment. If you are interested in acquiring knowledge in this particular department, this learnership is your go-to choice.
- Putting all received documents under vetting processes
- Resolving client enquiries and addressing their concerns within the allotted SLA period
- Achieving business targets that take place on a monthly basis
- Complying to the company’s policies in regard to credit and fraud processes
- Checking in within clients from internal and external institutions
- Verifying the data received based on the applicable terms and conditions
- Minimizing losses due to risks and frudas
- Reducing operational losses made from new business transactions.
Interested candidates of the Standard Bank Learnerships fulfill an eligibility criteria in order to advance with the registrations. Each of these items will determine whether you are qualified enough for the learnership’s environment. To guarantee a successful application, it is encouraged that you meet all these requirements below. Failure to do so might cause disadvantageous consequences towards your applications. Be sure to take note of everything in the following list.
The Standard Bank Learnerships Eligibility Criteria are as listed below:
- Officially recognized as a legitimate citizen of South Africa
- Between 18-30 years old during the learnership period
- Has proven fluency in written and spoken English
- Passed their Grade 12 qualification with the key subjects of Pure Mathematics/at least a “C” symbol for Maths Literacy
- Shows a strong understanding of computer literacy
- Not permanently employed during the learnership
- Not pursuing any educational qualification during the programme
- Not taking up other learnerships or internships.
- Standard Bank Learnerships 2021-2023: Cash Shared Services Learnership
- Standard Bank Learnerships 2021-2023: VAF Operations Learnership
- Standard Bank Learnerships 2021-2023: Business Operations Learnership
Applications must be conducted through either one of the portals mentioned above. Candidates are required to create an account to begin their registration. This account will store all of your application details and documents needed to register for the learnership.
Therefore, it is advised that you keep your account secure from anyone else. Be sure to keep your account credentials, especially your password, as secret. This will prevent from any potential hacking incidents.
You applications should contain accurate information about yourself. Candidates discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the programme.
Applications for the Standard Bank Learnerships 2021-2023 must be submitted before the closing date on 17 January 2021.
The selection committee does not tolerate any applications sent past the closing date. Candidates who are found to be making submissions past the deadline will not be acknowledged by the selection committee.
With approximately one months until the closing date, it is advisable that candidates start preparing on their applications. Getting a head start on your applications gives you more time to double check your registration details.
Standard Bank reserves all rights to make an appointment or not. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
The Standard Bank Learnerships acknowledges the huge amount of attention that is has been receiving from the general public. Unfortunately, the overwhelming popularity of these programmes has also resulted in a series of false advertisements that are misusing the good name of the entity.
These “advertisements” are scams that asks for money from unsuspecting potential applicants. Please be kindly informed that the Standard Bank Learnerships will never request for money during the registration period.
If you happen to encounter any of these false advertisements in social media or text messages, do not hesitate to report them. You can immediately reach out to the company’s Fraudline Hotline: +27 80 022 2050. Alternatively, you can reach out via e-mail to [email protected].