Smollan is a global establishment home to multiple brands and working opportunities for members of local communities. The company has acquired years of expertise in the retail field, accumulating more than 90 years of industry experience throughout their work. Enchanting sales and overall brand performance across multiple channels, Smollan has greatly contributed to the sector on an international scale with their team of 80 000 employees.
About the Smollan Field Marketer Learnership 2021-2022
Smollan is offering a 9-12 month learnership programme based in Gauteng for anyone interested in pursuing a career as a qualified and certified Field Marketer. The Smollan Field Marketer Learnership is a junior work-level opportunity that equips you with the theoretical knowledge and practical working exposure into the world of sales and merchandising within a store level.
Below are some of the responsibilities you will need to tackle on as a learner:
1. Administration Tasks
- Returns should be reported to the contact center, which will issue a reference number
- Keep store files up to date
- Organize and compile reports
- Completion of both the shop and the corporate registers on time and with precision
- Complete the uplift documentation and sort out the returns
- Orders and reference numbers should be kept on file
- Maintain an inventory book and keep track of in-store activity
- Personal possessions must be declared.
2. Sales Targets
- Check that the P.I. labels and price flashers are correct
- Make plans for more promotions and get additional floor space
- Place an emergency order and keep track of when it will be delivered
- Notify the management of any promotions
- Order stock by making an order with the call center in accordance with the client’s timetable
- Ensure that promotional activity is communicated and that objectives are met
- Ad hoc displays should be negotiated
- Make certain that there is enough inventory
- Create a promotional display for your business.
- Cross-promotional merchandise
- Keep an eye on sluggish and quick sales and take appropriate action as necessary
- Manage the inventory in the storage and rotate the inventory
- Draw inventory in accordance with specifications
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and uncluttered working environment
- Keep an eye on stock levels
- Prepare exhibits, generate ideas, and choose a subject
- Displays should be replenished
- Determine what products should be kept on hand and how to respond to poor quality and damage
- Make certain that all lines are visible.
4. Customer Satisfaction
- Make an effort to be pleasant to others
- Notify the shop manager of the activities
- Communicate issues and provide recommendations for possible solutions
- Keep your commitments
- Trade information, such as out of stock circumstances, should be communicated to customers
- Maintain a professional demeanor and demeanor at all times
- Customers and clients should be treated with respect
- Ensure that the company’s outfit is neat and well-kept
- Make certain that you are professional and offer value.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Smollan Field Marketer Learnership’s Reference Number: SM-1934.
Candidates interested in the Smollan Field Marketer Learnership must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Smollan Field Marketer Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Possesses a Grade 12 qualification
- Displays impressive communication abilities
- Can work with other team members
- Commits to an organisation
- Networks well with others
- Has a high level of agility
- Driven by performance
- Provides excellent service
- Plans and priorities their workload
- Has a keen eye for the small details
- Solves their problems efficiently.
Apply online: Smollan Field Marketer Learnership 2021-2022.
Click the link above to proceed with your online applications. You will be asked to complete the application form prepared for you. Skim through the queries before filling in the boxes with your personal information.
Make sure the personal details you provide correlate to your current conditions. Anyone found to be falsifying any aspects of their application will be disqualified from the programme.
Additionally, candidates are requires to upload the documents above:
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A picture of yourself
- Your Driver’s License
- Your most recent qualification
- A copy of your Identity Document.
All these documents should be included in your applications. Incomplete dossiers will be disqualified from the programme.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Application is available as long as it is not deleted on its official website.
If you think you have what it takes to sign up for the learnership, feel free to send in your registration as soon as possible. An early submission should guarantee you a spot during the recruitment process (however, it does not guarantee you a successful application.)
Smollan reserves all rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.