Sibanye-Stillwater is one of the world’s leading precious metals mining companies, with operations and projects all over the world. As one of the world’s largest primary producer of platinum, second largest primary producer of palladium, and top tier gold producer, ranking third globally on a gold-equivalent basis, the Sibanye-Stillwater also produces significant amounts of rhodium and other platinum group metals (PGMs) and associated minerals such as chrome.
Sibanye-Stillwater is a firm believer that its mining contributes to the improvement of people’s lives. A better value generation for all of their stakeholders is the company’s goal, which is achieved via the responsible exploitation of our mineral resources.
About the Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Safety Officer 2022
Sibanye-Stillwater is offering an employment opportunity as Safety Officer for anybody who is interested in a permanent position at the recocgnizable company. The Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Safety Officer is based in their North West location.
As a Safety Officer, your job is to:
- Compile daily and monthly safety and health reports, as well as any applicable legal documents, for the organization
- Execute effective administration of roles and responsibilities
- Keeping the Safety Representatives’ development going strong
- Provide assistance with the creation of hazard control programs
- Contributing to the development of Safety Improvement Action Plans in collaboration with the Mine Overseer, Engineer, and/or Section Manager
- Data on task team safety should be collected and analyzed
- Investigations should be made easier
- Assistance in the establishment and management of safety, health, and environmental systems that contribute to a safe and productive workplace
- Improve the effectiveness of safety and health systems by recommending improvement projects and aiding with the implementation of such initiatives.
For application purposes, please kindy take note of the Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Safety Officer’s Reference Number: 508177.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Safety Officer? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the position’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Safety Officer Eligibliity Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 4 qualification
- Obtain a nationally recognized Blasting Certificate for underground mining operations/engineering, or a Trade Certificate for underground mining operations/engineering
- Possess a current and valid SAMTRAC/COMSOC 1 & 2/MINSOC 1 & 2 certification
- Have at least three years of supervisory experience in a mining or engineering context, as well as knowledge of risk assessment and risk management techniques and procedures
- Have a solid understanding of information systems and business processes
- Know how to use a computer (MS Office and SAP)
- Acquainted with the mining industry
- Knowledge and practical expertise in the establishment and auditing of safety and health management systems
- Auditors courses for safety and risk control management (Auditors/OHSAS 18001/SO 14001, for example) are available.
- Understanding of investigation and auditing systems is required
- Understanding of risk assessments and risk management at a fundamental level
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of strata control
- Understanding of ICAM and auditing systems is required
- Be found medically fit for the job and the environment, as assessed by a risk-based medical assessment performed at the appropriate Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre, before to commencing work.
2. Advantageous Qualifications
- Has an accredited Degree/Diploma qualification in the field of Safety Management (NADSAM) or any other similar qualifications
- Owns a legitimate Assessor qualification
- Has a ine Overseer Certificate.
Apply online: Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Safety Officer 2022.
It is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your web browser in order to access the aforementioned web address (see above).
Alternatively, you can apply using your handphone, since it is much more practical than applying via computer. If you are using an OS Android handphone, you can use Google Chrome as your web browser. Since Google Chrome is automatically available in OS Android handphones, you don’t have to install any other browsers.
For the purpose of submitting their applications, candidates are needed to create an account on the application portal. It will be necessary to log into this account for the duration of the registration procedure.
By submitting your applications, you are granting permission to the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event.
Applicants’ applications will be subjected to additional examination and vetting procedures in order to ensure that they are legitimate. Anyone who is found to be misrepresenting any aspect of their applications will be barred from participating in the registration period.
Candidates are required to submit their applications using the website linked to above. Attempts to submit materials via other means, such as hand delivery or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Safety Officer must be submitted before the closing date on 03 May 2022.
It is possible to ensure that your application is protected as soon as possible by enrolling as soon as feasible. However, this does not guarantee immediate success and is just intended to offer you with a stable position throughout the recruitment process.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted by the selection committee. Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered. All entries submitted after the deadline, regardless of their substance, will be dismissed without further consideration.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 14 days past the closing date, we regret to infomr you that you have not been chosen for the position.
Sibanye-Stillwater has the right to offer or deny employment to anyone at any time at their sole discretion. The judgments of the choosing committee are final and binding on all parties involved in the process.
Do you have a question regarding the Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Safety Officer? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
Telephone Number: +27 14 495 2592 (Daphney Monnana)