Sibanye-Stillwater is a mining group that is supported by a diverse portfolio of platinum group metal (PGM) and gold operations in the United States and South Africa, as well as a leading platinum group metal (PGM) catalytic converter recycling operation in the United States, Sibanye-Stillwater is a leading mining group committed to operating in the most environmentally friendly manner possible.
Establishing itself as a primary producer of platinum, palladium, and rhodium in 2013, the Sibanye-Stillwater has expanded and diversified into one of the world’s major primary producers of these metals. It is also a top tier gold producer, ranking third worldwide on a gold-equivalent basis. As a by-product, it also generates additional platinum group metals (PGMs), such as iridium and ruthenium, as well as chromium, copper, and nickel.
About the Sibanye-Stillwater Engineering Learnership 2022
Sibanye-Stillwater is offering 4 learnership positions for candidates who are interested in obtaining new knowledge in the Engineering department. The Sibanye-Stillwater Engineering Learnership is a remarkable learnership that equips you with the foundation of this sector. Throughout the programme, you will be subjected to a structured curriculum that combines both theoretical assessments and practical working sessions held in a real-time company setting. Under the guidance of professional training providers, you will be encouraged to show immense progress as you work your way to a qualification.
Please be kindly informed that candidates who have Section 28 or 26D Trade Certificates will not be allowed to enter this learnership.
For application purposes, please take note of the Sibanye-Stillwater Engineering Learnership’s Reference Number: 507135.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the Sibanye-Stillwater Engineering Learnership? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The Sibanye-Stillwater Engineering Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Be considered as a Rigger/ Ropes man Level-3 – with these important subjects included: N2 Engineering Drawings, N2 Engineering Science, N2 Rigger Trade Theory, N2 Mathematics
- Be considered as a Diesel Mechanic Level-3 – with these important subjects included: N2 Engineering Science, N2 Mathematics, N2 Engineering Drawing, N2 Diesel Trade Theory
- Be considered as an Instrumentation Mechanician Level-4 – with these important subjects included: N2 Industrial Electronics, N2 Engineering Science, N2 Instrument Trade Theory, N2 Mathematics
- Be considered as a Diesel Mechanic Level-3 – with these important subjects included: N2 Diesel Trade Theory, N2 Engineering Science, N2 Engineering Drawing, N2 Mathematics
- Considered to be physically and medically healthy for the programme (must take the test at a relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre).
2. Advantageous Traits
- To be considered for employment in the above-mentioned engineering trade for which the application is being submitted, you must possess the necessary N2 credentials
- Based on the results of the interview, a recommendation must be made
- Obtain a certificate of clearance from the Protection Services.
Apply online: Sibanye-Stillwater Engineering Learnership 2022.
In order to visit the website indicated above, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your browser.
Candidates are required to register on the application portal in order to submit their applications. This account will be required for the duration of the registration process.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Sibanye-Stillwater Engineering Learnership must be submitted before the closing date on 31 December 2021.
Late applications will not be accepted by the selection committee under any circumstances. Submissions that are received after the closing date will not be recognized during the term of registration.
It is recommended that candidates submit their applications as soon as possible after learning of their selection. You will have more time to thoroughly analyze the substance of your applications as a result of this arrangement. Please begin preparing your applications as soon as you get the opportunity.
Announcements will only be made to candidates shortlisted for the programme. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 30 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the learnership.
During the recruiting process, Sibanye-Stillwater retains the right to schedule an appointment or not to make an appointment. The selecting committee’s conclusions are final and binding on all parties involved.