About SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency)
The Small Enterprise Development Agency, also known as SEDA, is an establishment that’s formed under the Department of Small Business Development based on National Small Business Amendment Act, Act 29 of 2004. Created with best intentions, the department strives to deploy multiple governmental strategies to promote small businesses and achieve a strong national delivery network. The purpose behind this is to provide the necessary support for small enterprises and promote sustainable partnerships with local entrepreneurs. Using only world-class practices, the department hopes they are able to bring in a breath of fresh life into small enterprises all across the nation. With a strong work ethic that nurtures customers, SEDA is ready to tackle any challenges that may come to them.
About SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency) Job Vacancy as Temperature Screener for Covid-19 2021
SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency) is offering a job vacancy for committed South African employment seekers as a temperature screener for Covid-19. The SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency) Job Vacancy as Temperature Screener for Covid-19 is a fantastic opportunity based in the department’s Ugu Branch (Port Shepstone) As a temperature screener, your main responsibility is to screen all incoming visitors and employees before they enter the work area to prevent any further spread of the Covid-19 infection. You will directly report to the branch manager throughout the position.
Some of the responsibilities you will be requested to perform includes the following duties:
- Observing incoming visitors for any possible flu, cold, or respiratory symptoms before they enter the building
- Checking the temperature of all visitors using a no-contact thermometer
- Recording the temperatures of all visitors
- Using PPE throughout the position
- Providing or denying access into the building
- Keeping a credible logbook of employees who do not want to adhere to temperature checks
- Following all of the department’s safety regulations
- Taking part in the obligatory Covid-19 training classes
- Checking the stock level for Covid-19 protective equipment, such as masks, covers, thermometers etc.
The selected worker will be subjected to a 6-month temporary employment opportunity. Additionally, you will be entitled to a salary of R3,500 per month. If you find this to be a suitable job vacancy for you, don’t hesitate to register for the SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency) Job Vacancy as Temperature Screener for Covid-19.
Candidates interested in the SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency) Job Vacancy as Temperature Screener for Covid-19 must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this vacancy. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency) Job Vacancy as Temperature Screener for Covid-19 Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possesses a Matric (NQF Level 4) qualification and Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety/Nursing and Paramedic
- Prepared to start their position immediately
- Willing to work five (5) days a week, with working hours from Monday to Thursday (08:00-16:45) and Friday (08:00-15:30)
- Must wear all safety PPE gear
- Has 1-3 years of prior working experience within the Medical Healthcare/Occupational Health and Safety environment (advantageous).
2. Personal Attributes
- Displays impressive communication abilities
- Analyzes through their problems well
- Finds the appropriate solutions to numerous problems
- Plans and organizes their workload in a timely manner
- Driven by work performance
- Knows their way around administration duties
- Works well with other team members
- Adapts to the ever-changing dynamics of the department
- Adheres to existing policies around them
- Knows how to utilize basic computer abilities
- Negotiates well with people.
Apply via email: [email protected] (SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency) Job Vacancy as Temperature Screener for Covid-19 2021)
Candidates are required to send in your most updated CV (Curriculum Vitae) to the email above. Make sure your CV clearly states your strengths, skills, and other relevant abilities. This will help put you in a positive spotlight under the selection committee. Additionally, it’s encouraged that you include your correct contact information.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the email address provided above. Submissions made through other methods, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency) Job Vacancy as Temperature Screener for Covid-19 must be submitted before the closing date on 26 March 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not receive a response within 3 months past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the programme.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency) reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.