About SASSETA (Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority)
The Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority, also known as SASSETA, is an establishment that enforces the secure environment of the country through multiple initiatives. By offering skills programmes that aim to develop the potential of younger generations, SASSETA strives to equip participants with the necessary qualifications to get them moving. With this in mind, SASSETA hopes to create multiple opportunities for abundant skills transfer to South African citizens.
About the SASSETA (Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursary 2022
SASSETA is offering bursary programmes for South African youths who are interested in receiving financial assistance to boost their educational pursuits. The SASSETA (Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursary is a wonderful opportunity that supports young academicians to become well-rounded students in their field of choice. At the moment, the bursary is available for the following study fields:
- Security Management
- IT Related Programmes
- Paralegal Studies
- Clinical Social Work
- Any other Occupation listed in the National List of Occupations in High Demand 2020
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the SASSETA (Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursary.
Candidates interested in the SASSETA (Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursary must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The SASSETA (Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently between 18-35 years old
- Pursuing or is accepted by a Public University/University of Technology
- Has a household income that does not go above R600 000 each year (must provide proof of income)
- Must not be pursuing any other programmes funded by SASSETA from April 2022 to March 2023 – such as internships, skills programmes, learnerships, and other bursary scehemes.
All applications MUST have the following supporting documents below:
- Certified copy of the learner’s parent or guardian ID
- Certified copy of Matric / Senior Certificate or the Statement of Results or other highest qualification
- Proof of Income for parent(s) or guardian ( Should parent be unemployed, please submit affidavit by the parent declaring their employment status)
- Application form to be completed in full. DO NOT leave any blank spaces, all the information on the form is required in deciding whether or not the application is approved for funding
- Proof of Registration at a South African University for the 2022 academic year
- Certified copy of the applicant/learner’s ID.
All applications to be submitted via e-mail to: [email protected] on or before midnight on the 14th of April 2022.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Note: make sure the information you provide on the portal above correctly represents your current conditions.
Applications for the SASSETA (Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 14 April 2022.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Additionally, it will help you anticipate any kinds of unwanted application issues that may occur. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
SASSETA (Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority) reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.