Sasol is a company responsible for delivering high-quality chemicals and energy to the appropriate sectors. Furthermore, in addition to being a global chemicals and energy organization, Sasol possesses the necessary knowledge and expertise to integrate modern technologies and processes into large-scale operating facilities located all over the world.
As part of its mission to create value for all stakeholders, the company sources, produces, and markets an extensive range of high-quality items in 23 countries in a safe and sustainable manner. Their mission statement, “Innovating for a better world,” demands the company to deliver on the triple bottom line outcomes of People, Planet, and Profit in a responsible manner, with the goal of becoming a force for good in the community, as stated in their mission statement.
About the Sasol Postgraduate Bursaries 2023
Sasol is providing Postgraduate Bursaries for candidates who are interested in pursuing the disciplines of Science, Engineering, and Chemistry fields. The Sasol Postgraduate Bursaries are designed to meet the needs of South Africa’s growing economy while also meeting the country’s own need for highly competent postgraduates in scientific and engineering subjects. Additionally, Sasol offers postgraduate scholarships for M.Sc., M.Eng., and PhD. courses in the fields of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, as well as for other disciplines.
Awarded postgraduate research that contributes to the energy and circular economy transformation of Sasol and South Africa will be considered for these awards, which will be based on application of the following key disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering – Fluid Dynamics
- Chemical Engineering – Reactor Technology
- Chemical Engineering – Environmental
- Chemical Engineering – Separation Technology
- Chemistry – Environmental Science in the areas of Water, Waste or Air
- Chemistry – Advance analytical Chemistry in the areas of Vibrational Spectroscopy or Gas Chromatography
- Chemical Engineering – Process Modelling
- Chemical Engineering – Mathematical and Statistical Modelling
- Chemical Engineering – Thermodynamics
- Applied Mathematics
- Cyber Security
- Chemistry – Catalysis or Polymer Science.
The student’s current area of study should be one of the following in order to be eligible to apply for the above-mentioned Postgraduate fields:
- B.Eng. Computer Engineering
- B.Eng. Electronic Engineering
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Eng./B.Sc. Chemical Engineering
- B.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- B.Sc. Statistics
- B.Sc. Chemistry.
Candidates do not need to have a formal project proposal prepared, but they should be aware of the area of chemistry or chemical engineering in which they want to specialize and be able to discuss potential themes that might assist the current sustainability imperatives in the field.
Successful applicants will work with Sasol technical specialists and academic supervisors to develop a project proposal that will be submitted for consideration.
Awardees of the Sasol Postgraduate Bursaries will be entitled to the following benefits:
- During the course of your study, you will have access to technical mentors from Sasol
- Once they have completed their studies, Sasol postgraduates have the chance to participate in the Sasol Graduate Development programme as a Scientist-in-Training or an Engineer-in-Training, respectively. (The rules and regulations authorized by Sasol, as well as the terms and conditions of the bursary contract, shall apply)
- Students who are awarded a Sasol postgraduate bursary are paid a monthly stipend for the length of their studies, which they use to pay for registration fees, tuition, research costs, housing, and any other expenditures incurred as a result of their study. Sasol will not be responsible for any extra costs or expenditures
- According to the terms of the agreement, the aforementioned stipend will be paid from the day that evidence of registration for the degree in question may be presented. This is a strict requirements in order to receive your monthly stipend.
If you’re certain of joining the Sasol Postgraduate Bursaries, feel free to sign up! If you are still unsure whether you’d make a good fit, don’t worry. All you have to do is check the requirements below and re-check your qualifications with the selection committee’s standards. If you’d like to stand a chance of acceptance, make sure you fulfill all of the criteria that are mentioned. Failure to do so might not get you automatically disqualified, but it could reduce your chances of acceptance.
The Sasol Postgraduate Bursaries Eligibliity Criteria are as follows:
- Postgraduate bursaries will only be provided to students who are enrolled full-time in their studies
- Applicants must have finished or be in the last year of the PG degree program for which they will be enrolling in 2023 at the time of application
- At least a minimum score of 65% average must have been achieved during their Hons/4th year studies
- Officially recognized as a South African citizen (able to provide identification document/card)
- The appliacant has have completed their post-graduate studies at a South African university tn accredited
- There will be no consideration for study abroad opportunities
- The applicant should have a stellar academic record in order to be considered
- A criminal record will exclude an applicant from applications.
Apply online: Sasol Postgraduate Bursaries 2023.
For the purpose of gaining access to the aforementioned web address, it is recommended that you utilize Google Chrome as your web browser (see above).
Alternatively, you can submit your application through your smartphone, which is far more convenient than submitting it through a computer. If you are using an Android-based smartphone, you can access the internet through Google Chrome as your web browser. The fact that Google Chrome is pre-installed on all Android-based smartphones eliminates the need to install any additional web browsers.
For the purpose of submitting their applications, candidates must first register on the application portal by providing their contact information. During the course of the registration process, you will be required to log into your existing account.
The selection committee will use the information you provide to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are giving the committee permission to use your personal information for this reason.
The applications of applicants will be subjected to additional scrutiny and verification procedures in order to confirm that they are genuine. The participation in the registration period shall be denied to anyone who is discovered to have misrepresented any aspect of their applications.
It is necessary for candidates to submit their applications through the website listed above. Attempts to submit materials by other means, such as by hand delivery or fax, will be denied by the committee evaluating the application.
Applications for the Sasol Postgraduate Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 27 May 2022.
Make sure to send in your applications as soon as possible after receiving them. It is preferable to submit your application as early as possible in order to ensure a seat during the registration period. Furthermore, it helps to avoid any unwelcome surprises at the last minute, such as unexpectedly high Internet traffic or misplaced papers.
Applications for the program must be received prior to the deadline to be considered. Last-minute applications will not be accepted, and submissions of this nature will be rejected from consideration by the selection committee.
During the recruiting phase, Sasol retains the right to hire whomever it sees fit. The selecting committee’s conclusions are final and binding on all parties involved.
Do you have a question about the Sasol Postgraduate Bursaries that you would want answered? Do not hesitate to contact the individual listed below with any questions or concerns:
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: +27 86 010 6235