Sasol Mining owns and manages six coal mines in Southern Africa, which serve as feedstock for the company’s integrated value chain in that area. With the exception of a minor quantity of coal used for power generation, the coal shipped to Sasol Secunda Operations is mostly used as a feedstock for gasification.
The coal transported to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam, as well as for a variety of other industrial applications. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal, which serves customers in the global power generation industry.
About the Sasol Job Vacancy as Miner 2022
Sasol is providing an employment opportunity for candidates who are looking to obtain a job position as a professional Miner based in their operations. The Sasol Job Vacancy as Miner is looking for applicants who are either hard rock or fiery mine blasting qualifications who are more than capable of working in these conditions. Please be kindly informed that the opportunity is based in Secunda, Greylingstad.
As a Miner, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Ensure that the team complies to the SOPs and COPs
- Improve performance while while lowering expenses
- Enhance the competencies of in-section employees
- Work efficiently and correctly in the administration of support services
- Conduct section inspections in order to reduce hazards
- Subordinates should be coached and developed
- Provide Working environments that are safe and healthy
- Best practices should be identified and implemented
- Make certain that the objectives are fulfilled
- Comply with all applicable laws and Sasol Mining regulations.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Sasol Job Vacancy as Miner’s Reference Number: 108431.
If you think this opportunity works best for you, sign up for the Sasol Job Vacancy as Miner.
Candidates interested in the Sasol Job Vacancy as Miner must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Sasol Job Vacancy as Miner Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Possesses a Grade 11 qualification (or relevant qualification) with the subjects of Maths and
- English/Business English
- Owns a legitimate Miner’s Blasting qualification (e.g. Hard Rock or Fiery Mines)
- 8 gases
- Passed their medical evaluation
- Owns their own legitimate Driver’s License
- Has passed their A certificate
- Advantageous: has at least 2-5 years of experience as a miner
- Advantageous: knows how to do flame proofing.
2. Personal Skills
- Displays leadership qualities
- Improves the value chain
- Knows how to create concepts
- Communicates well with other team members
- Forms great interpersonal abilities
- Can work well with minimum supervision
- Masters their work well
- Takes responsibility of their own actions
- Aware of their own growth
- Great at receiving feedback and self-corrects themselves well.
Apply online: Sasol Job Vacancy as Miner 2022.
It is advised that you use Google Chrome as your browser to access the above-mentioned website.
To submit their applications, candidates must first register on the application platform. This account will be needed during the registration process.
Keeping your account details secure will assist to keep your account safe at all times. Never give away your account details, especially your password, to anybody else.
It will be reviewed by the whole screening committee, which includes you, and any information you provide will be kept strictly secret. As a result, you should conduct a comprehensive check to ensure that no false information is provided. If there is evidence that candidates are supplying false information, they may be put in a potentially hazardous scenario.
The information you give will be used by the selection committee to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you authorize the committee to use your personal information for this purpose.
Candidates must submit their applications using the above-mentioned website. Attempts to submit materials by other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will be rejected by the application committee.
- The Sasol Group/Sasol Mining will never ask you to make any monetary deposits or payments as a condition of being considered for a position with the company.
- In accordance with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, consideration will be given to qualified applicants who belong to certain protected groups.
- If you fail to submit Sasol with accurate and legitimate information and documentation, your application will be deemed invalid and void.
- It is possible that certain roles, in addition to a pre-employment medical check, will also demand a physical fitness evaluation as part of the standard selection criteria.
Applications for the Sasol Job Vacancy as Miner must be submitted before the closing date on 27 May 2022.
Be sure to send in your applications as soon as possible. An early submission can help you guarantee a spot during the registration period. Plus, it prevents any unwanted last-minute incidents, like sudden heavy Internet traffic or missing documents.
Applications for the programme must be submitted before the closing date. Late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee, and these kinds of submissions will be disqualified by the programme.
Sasol holds all rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.