About the SAPS (South African Police Service)
The SAPS, short for the South African Police Service, is an establishment that is responsible for combatting any threats that could endanger the lives of communities. The department strives to provide fair and just police services that have the capacity to reduce crime rates within the country. Additionally, the SAPS has dedicated their times and efforts into improving their service delivery and accessibility of services. As the frontiers of justice, the SAPS (South African Police Service) is plays an crucial role in their communities.
About the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Secretary 2021
The SAPS (South African Police Service) is offering a job vacancy for employment opportunity seekers who are interested in becoming a full-fledged Secretary. The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Secretary is chance for young folks to be a part of the establishment. As secretary, you will be responsible over multiple tasks pertaining to this position. Some of the tasks and duties you will be subjected to includes:
- Offering administrative support as a secretary to Section Head
- Creating reports, letters, and other forms of documents which will then be delivered to and from the Section Head
- Managing the Section Heads diary for both internal and external engagements
- Coordinating all travel arrangements, including accommodation and stipends
- Maintaining an organized filing system in the Section Head office
- Ensuring proper correspondence between stakeholders as well as sending and receiving emails and faxes
- Making and answering telephone calls on behalf of the Section Head
- Offering support during meetings and workshops.
Currently position as Secretary based in: Head: National Cold Case Unit, Head Office, Pretoria (References: NCC16/07/2021).
Selected secretaries will be entitled to a remuneration of up to R173 703.00 per annum (Salary level 5).
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Secretary.
Candidates interested in the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Secretary must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Secretary are as follows:
- Show relevant competency in the specific responsibilities as per required in the post
- Possess a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or a National Certificate (Vocational)
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Display proven fluency in two official languages (one of them must be English)
- Does not have a criminal background or any pending cases
- Prepared to participate in a security screening and fingerprint verification procedure
- Displays a strong understanding of MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint usage.
Download application form: SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Secretary 2021.
Once you have obtained your application form, please fill it in with the appropriate information. The personal details you provide should accurately represent your current conditions.
Candidates are also required to provide the following documents:
- Your most updated CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Copies of your Identity Document
- Copies of your Senior Certificate
- All available educational qualifications
- Your brief Academic Record.
Due to the unforeseen circumstances of COVID-19, candidates must be sent to either one of the following methods:
Postal Carriage: The Section Head: Corporate Support, (Attention: Lt Col JL Shandu/Capt SJ Matlopela), Corporate Support, South African Police Service, Private Bag X 94, Pretoria, 0001.
Hand Delivery: Opera Plaza, Annex Building, Cnr Pretorius & Bank Lane Street, Pretoria. Application must be deposited into the box available at the reception area.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the methods mentioned above. Submissions made through other methods will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Secretary must be submitted before the closing date on 16 August 2021 at 16:00.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within 3 months past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the vacancy.
SAPS (South African Police Service) reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Do you have a question regarding the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Secretary? Don’t hesitate to deliver your questions through the provided contact information below:
Enquiries can be directed to Lt Col JL Shandu/Capt SJ Matlopela/WO TB Tshabalala/SPO KK Mashiloane at telephone: (012) 393 3058/4273/4501/3461.