About the SAPS (South African Police Service)
The South African Police Service, now known as the Department of Police, is the go-to establishment with the mission to protect the public’s safety and security by preventing and combating criminal activity, investigating crimes, ensuring that criminals are prosecuted, and participating in efforts to address the underlying causes of criminal activity.
Some of the Department’s strategic outcome-oriented goals include providing police services that will make communities safer through the reduction of serious crimes, contact crimes, and trio crimes; increasing activities to prevent and combat cross-border criminal activity; and increasing the percentage of serious crimes, contact crimes, and trio crimes cases that are ready for trial, among others.
About the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Personnel Officer 2022
SAPS (South African Police Service) is providing a spectacular employment opportunity as a qualified Personnel Officer in the accredited establishment. The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Personnel Officer located at the SAPS Academy in Hammanskraal, is an excellent opportunity for you to become a part of an accredited business. Candidates that are selected will get a salary at the level of 5. (R176 310 per annum).
As a Personnel Officer, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- General personnel administration
- Administration of organizational structure and establishment issues
- Administration of personnel structuring and other service conditions
- Administration of staff utilization, personnel development, and labor relations issues.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Personnel Officer’s Reference Number: HAM2/3/22.
Do you believe you have what it takes to apply for a position as a Personnel Officer with the SAPS (South African Police Service)? Please submit your application as soon as possible! But first, you must review the program’s eligibility requirements. These factors will determine whether or not you are a good candidate. If you want to double-check your qualifications, please see the eligibility conditions listed below. If you want to increase your chances of success, it’s best if you meet all of the times on the following list.
The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Personnel Officer Eligibliity Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Owns a legitimate South African citizenship
- Does not have any prior criminal convictions or outstanding departmental proceedings on his or her record
- Demonstrates fluency in at least two different official languages (one of them must be English)
- Knowledgeable of the post-specific essential duties of the position People with disabilities are invited to apply.
2. Additional Qualifications
- Owns a legitimate Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or a National Certificate (Vocational) as recorded on the National Learner Record Database on NQF Level 4
- Understands basic computer literacy in MS Office, Powerpoint, and Excel (advantageous).
Download the application form: SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Personnel Officer 2022.
If you believe this job is a good fit for you, please fill out the form above. This is where you will enter all of the necessary information that will be required throughout the registration time.
Please complete the application form by filling in the appropriate spaces with your most relevant responses. All of the personal information you provide should be accurate and relevant to your current situation.
In addition, candidates must submit the following documents:
- Your original application form (must be signed in the presence of a Commissioner of Oath)
- Original Curriculum Vitae, which contains complete list of all boards on which the candidate serves, remunerated employment outside government, career promotions/appointments, professional advancement, work history, current studies and credentials are all required information
- Certified copies of all educational qualifications obtained and service certificates of previous employers stating the post occupied
- Certified copies of your motor vehicle driver’s licence
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document.
If you believe this job is a good fit for you, please feel free to download the application form above. This is the section where you will need to fill out all of the necessary information that will be required throughout the duration of your registration.
Please complete the application form with your most relevant responses by filling in the applicable sections of the application form. All of the personal information you provide should be accurate and relevant to your current situation, unless otherwise stated.
In addition, candidates will be required to submit the following documentation through either one of the following methods:
Shorburg Building 6th Floor (HRM)
429 Helen Joseph Street
Private Bag X177
Candidates who have been shortlisted for appointment to specific defined posts will be submitted to a background check in line with the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005. (Act No 38 of 2005). An applicant whose personal information appears on the National Register of Sexual Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register will be disqualified from consideration for the post in question.
Applications for the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Personnel Officer must be submitted before the closing date on 29 April 2022 at 16:00.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. This does not, however, guarantee rapid success and is just intended to provide you with a solid position during the recruitment process.
The selection committee will not accept incomplete applications. Candidates whose applications are received after the deadline will not be considered. All submissions received after the deadline, regardless of content, will be rejected without further review.
Announcements will only be made to those who have been shortlisted. If you have not heard from the selection committee within three months of the closing date, we regret to notify you that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
SAPS (South African Police Service) has the sole and total power to grant or refuse employment to anyone at any time. The selection committee’s conclusions are final and binding on all parties involved in the process – candidates are not allowed to canvass the committee’s decision.
If you have a question regarding the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Personnel Officer, feel free to reach out to the contact persons below:
- +27 12 334 3893 (Lt Colonel Masemola)
- +27 12 334 3796 (Captain Hagen)
- +27 12 407 2112 (PPO Mahlangu)
- +27 12 334 3894 (PO Moreme)
- +27 012 334 3513 (PO Kekana)