About the SAPS (South African Police Service)
The SAPS (South African Police Service) is a national establishment with the mission to protect the public’s safety and security by preventing and combating criminal activity, investigating crimes, seeing that criminals are prosecuted, and participating in efforts to address the underlying causes of criminal activity.
Strategic outcome-oriented goals of the Department include, among other things, providing police services that will make communities safer by reducing serious crimes, contact crimes, and trio crimes; increasing activities to prevent and combat cross-border criminal activity; and increasing the percentage of serious crimes, contact crimes, and trio crimes cases that are ready for trial.
About the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Driver 2022
The SAPS (South African Police Service) is offering an employment opportunity for candidates who are looking to obtain a position as a legitimate Driver. The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Driver is offering X2 posts in their Hammanskraal location. Once you are selected as a Driver, you will be entitled to a Salary Level 2, R104 073 per annum. As an official Driver, your job is to:
- Offer safe driving and transportation services
- Transporting passengers
- Rendering any messengers
- Delivering posts that are confidential
- Performing the necessary vehicle and log book inspection (SAPS 132 B)
- Performing any administration duties that are relevant to the post’s core functions.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Driver’s Reference Number: HAM5/3/22.
First and foremost, you must familiarize yourself with the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Driver’s eligibility standards. Each of these criteria will influence whether or not you would be an excellent candidate. In case you’d want to double-check your credentials, please refer to the list of qualifying prerequisites provided below. Ideally, if you want to enhance your chances of success, you should be able to meet all of the requirements on the following list.
The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Driver Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Has a valid South African citizenship
- Does not have any prior criminal convictions or pending departmental processes on his or her criminal or departmental proceedings record
- Demonstrates fluency in at least two official languages from throughout the world (one of them must be English)
- Knowledgeable of the post-specific fundamental functions of the position
- Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to submit applications.
2. Additional Qualifications
- Grade 10 certification is preferred
- Owns valid light vehicle driver’s license
- The ability to work overtime as required
- In addition to PDP (Public Driver’s Permit), applicants with appropriate/relevant experience in the field of the position will be given preference
- Code 14 will be advantageous to the applicant.
Download the application form: SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Driver 2022.
If you believe this job is a suitable match for your skills and experience, please complete the form above. The registration form is the place where you will enter all of the information that will be requested throughout the registration process.
Please complete the application form by filling in the appropriate places with your most relevant comments and submitting it to us. You should make sure that all of the personal information you supply is correct and relevant to your present position.
In addition, candidates are required to submit the following supporting documentation:
- Certified copies of your motor vehicle driver’s licence
- Original Curriculum Vitae, which contains complete list of all boards on which the candidate serves, remunerated employment outside government, career promotions/appointments, professional advancement, work history, current studies and credentials are all required information
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document
- Your original application form (must be signed in the presence of a Commissioner of Oath)
- Certified copies of all educational qualifications obtained and service certificates of previous employers stating the post occupied.
If you believe this job is a good match for your skills and experience, please feel free to download the application form from the link provided above. Here’s where you’ll enter all of the information that will be requested of you throughout the course of your registration process.
Please complete the application form with your most relevant responses by filling in the necessary areas of the application form. Thank you for your time and consideration. Unless otherwise noted, all of the personal information you supply should be accurate and pertinent to your present circumstances.
Candidate must also provide the following paperwork through one of the methods listed below:
Shorburg Building 6th Floor (HRM)
429 Helen Joseph Street
Private Bag X177
Candidates shortlisted for appointment to specified defined roles will be subjected to a background check in accordance with the Criminal Law (Sexual Offenses and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005. (Act No 38 of 2005). An applicant whose name appears on the National Register of Sexual Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register will be rejected from consideration for the position.
Applications for the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Driver must be submitted before the closing date on 29 April 2022 at 16:00.
It is possible to ensure that your application is protected as soon as possible by enrolling as soon as feasible. As a result, there is no assurance of immediate success; rather, it is intended to provide you a strong position during the recruitment process.
The selection committee will not accept applications that are not comprehensive. The applications of candidates who submit them after the deadline will not be considered. All submissions received after the deadline, regardless of their substance, will be dismissed without further consideration or consideration.
Only those who have been shortlisted will be notified of the outcome of the competition. If you have not heard back from the selection committee within three months following the application deadline, we regret to inform you that your application has been failed.
Everyone who applies for employment with the SAPS (South African Police Service) will be denied employment if they do not meet the requirements of the organization. Applicants are not permitted to appeal the selection committee’s decision, and its judgments are final and binding on all parties participating in the process.
Would you like to make an enquiry about the position? If you have any questions about the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Driver, please do not hesitate to contact one of the people listed below:
- +27 12 334 3893 (Lt Colonel Masemola)
- +27 12 334 3796 (Captain Hagen)
- +27 12 407 2112 (PPO Mahlangu)
- +27 12 334 3894 (PO Moreme)
- +27 012 334 3513 (PO Kekana).