Sappi is a South African establishment that specializes in the local production of paper. At Sappi, the company strives to meet customers’ demands for paper materials required for several usages, such as newsprint, packaging papers, graphic papers, and more. As one of the globe’s biggest manufacturers of dissolving pulp, Sappi ensures that they cater to an array of sectors in the country. With their headquarters based in Joburg, Sappi has all the means to access multiple resources and workforces to ensure constant success with their operations.
About the Sappi Engineering Bursaries 2024
Sappi is offering bursaries to undergraduate students who are interested in obtaining financial assistance to support their educational journey in university. The Sappi Engineering Bursaries is a remarkable opportunity that provides coverage for multiple student-related expenses, such as tuition costs, registration fees, study materials, accommodation costs, and living allowances. Please be kindly informed that the bursary amount will depend on the awardee’s household income situation.
The Sappi Engineering Bursaries is offered for matriculants and current undergraduate students within the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Civil Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Forestry and Wood Science (BSc)
- Chemical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Mechatronics Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
Candidates interested in the Sappi Engineering Bursaries must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Sappi Engineering Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Be a South African citizen between the ages of 17 and 25 years old
- Complete Matric or be currently in Matric
- Achieve more than 70% for Maths (not Maths Lit), 70% for Physical Science, and 60% for English in Matric or Grade 11 if you are currently in Matric
- Intend to study full time at a university supported by Sappi for Engineering studies.
Apply online: Sappi Engineering Bursaries 2024.
Candidates are required to provide the following items:
- A valid copy of your Matric certificate and other relevant academic qualifications
- Legitimate proof of your registration or provisional registration at an accredited academic institution
- A certified copy of your most recent academic records
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A certified copy of your South African Identity Document
- Valid proof of your income or an affidavit indicating your total household income.
Please make sure that all of your documents are included in your application dossier. Incomplete dossiers will automatically be rejected by the selection committee.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Application is available as long as it is not deleted on its official website.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. These selected candidates will be asked to participate in psychometric assessments before the selection committee makes their final decision.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Sappi reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Reference: Sappi Bursary Programmes