Sappi is a South African establishment that specializes in the local production of paper. At Sappi, the company strives to meet customers’ demands for paper materials required for several usages, such as newsprint, packaging papers, graphic papers, and more. As one of the globe’s biggest manufacturers of dissolving pulp, Sappi ensures that they cater to an array of sectors in the country. With their headquarters based in Joburg, Sappi has all the means to access multiple resources and workforces to ensure constant success with their operations.
About the Sappi Bursary 2021
Sappi is offering bursaries to undergraduate students who are interested in obtaining financial assistance to support their educational journey in university. The Sappi Bursary is a remarkable opportunity that provides coverage for multiple student-related expenses, such as tuition costs, registration fees, study materials, accommodation costs, and living allowances. Please be kindly informed that the bursary amount will depend on the awardee’s household income situation.
The Sappi Bursary is offered for matriculants and current undergraduate students within the following fields:
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering
- National Diploma – Pulp and Paper
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechatronics
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science – Forestry and Wood sciences
Candidates interested in the Sappi Bursary must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Sappi Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently studying or planning to pursue a full-time study at a university in South Africa
- Recognized as a school leaver or current university student
- Currently between 18-25 years old
- Possesses a Matric qualification with the following results: Mathematics 70% (not Maths Literacy), Physical Science 70%, English 60%
- For current undergraduate students: possesses at least an average 70% score for their university results
- Preference is offered to candidates who are residing within areas of the company’s main business operations.
Apply online: Sappi Bursary 2021.
Candidates are required to provide the following items:
- A valid copy of your Matric certificate and other relevant academic qualifications
- Legitimate proof of your registration or provisional registration at an accredited academic institution
- A certified copy of your most recent academic records
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A certified copy of your South African Identity Document
- Valid proof of your income or an affidavit indicating your total household income.
Please make sure that all of your documents are included in your application dossier. Incomplete dossiers will automatically be rejected by the selection committee.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Sappi Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 30 September 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. These selected candidates will be asked to participate in psychometric assessments before the selection committee makes their final decision.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Sappi reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Reference: Sappi Bursary Programmes