Sanlam is a South African establishment that is founded to provided assistance towards designated groups of people in the country. Mainly focusing on individuals originating from middle and upper income demographics, Sanlam ensures that these people have their own form of financial security for the upcoming years. With experience under their belt, and excellency in technological resources, Sanlam has the capability to provide an elaborate financial planning that covers credit solutions, investments, disability insurance, and savings.
About the Sanlam Actuarial Bursary 2021
Sanlam is offering a bursary programme for South African citizens who are interested in obtaining financial aid to pursue your study in the Actuarial field. The Sanlam Actuarial Bursary is a wonderful opportunity for young students to obtain support throughout their education journey. Sanlam believes that by investing in their current generation of bright-minded individuals, they will grow up to become positive contributors of the country.
If your smart in Mathematics and enjoy solving challenges and difficult problems throughout your educational journey, this is the right programme for you.
The Sanlam Actuarial Bursary offers coverage for the following items:
- Support and payment for actuarial board examinations
- Available vacation work and chances to network with staff from Sanlam
- Mentoring sessions and academic support provided by Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Monthly stipend for study materials and pocket money
- Employment opportunities upon successful completion of your studies
- Tuition expenses and accommodation costs
- Work rotation opportunities that covers different sectors.
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Sanlam Actuarial Bursary.
Candidates interested in the Sanlam Actuarial Bursary must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Sanlam Actuarial Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Possesses the following academic results:
- Your final 2020 Grade 11 results slip
- Grade 12 mid-year 2021 results slip
- NBT results slip
- At least 90% score for Mathematics with an overall A aggregate score
- A letter of motivation that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
Note: your final Grade 12 results slip can be possibly used as a determining factor.
Apply online: Sanlam Actuarial Bursary 2021.
Candidates must provide the following documents:
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- Your final Grade 11 and Grade 12 mid-year results slip
- A letter of motivation describing why you deserve this bursary.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Note: Sanlam Actuarial is committed to achieving diversity in the workplace – therefore, preference will be offered to qualified candidates originating from designated groups (Black South Africans, Colored, African, and Indian scholars).
Applications for the Sanlam Actuarial Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 31 July 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Sanlam reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Reference: Sanlam Bursary Programmes