About SABT (South African Bulk Terminals)
South African Bulk Terminals, or simply referred to as SABT, is a major firm that specializes in the field of freight management. Under the supervision of the Bidvest Group, the SABT is responsible for the operations of two bulk terminals in the country. These world-class facilities are based in the Port of Durban and are in charge for the imports of major commodities. Supported by a well-rounded staff, members of the team understand the importance of keeping a close eye for the smallest details and offering a holistic, client-centric approach in their services.
About the SABT (South African Bulk Terminals) Apprenticeships 2021
The SABT (South African Bulk Terminals) is offering apprenticeships for South African individuals who are current unemployed and require practical experience. The SABT (South African Bulk Terminals) Apprenticeships is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who is looking to develop their skills in a particular field. At the moment, there are apprenticeships available for the following trades:
- Boilermaking x2
- Electrical x2
- Mechanical Fitter x2
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the programme.
Candidates interested in the SABT (South African Bulk Terminals) Apprenticeships must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this apprenticeship. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The SABT (South African Bulk Terminals) Apprenticeships Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa (has an Identity Document)
- Below 35 years old
- Proven to be medically and physically healthy for the programme
- Has finished their N2 qualification with the relevant trade theories
- Currently unemployed and is not pursuing any other programmes
- Willing to travel to the training centre throughout the entire duration of the apprenticeship
- Prepared to undergo an assessment process and pre-employment medical examination
- Can work with other team members well
- Shows the enthusiasm for learning new knowledge
- Displays wonderful English communication abilities
- Shows passion in the Technical field
- Advantageous: has prior working experience.
Apply via email: [email protected] (SABT (South African Bulk Terminals) Apprenticeships 2021).
Candidates are required to download the Official Application Form. Once you have the form, skim through the queries before filling them in with accurate personal information.
Additionally, you will need to provide these supporting documents:
- A brief Cove Letter that explains your application for the apprenticeship
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae (doesn’t exceed more than 3 pages – in MS Word or PDF format)
- A valid, certified copy of your qualifications or theory certificates (if available)
- A valid, certified copy of your Identity Document
- A valid, certified proof of your current residence.
All of these documents must be included in your application dossier. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered by the selection committee.
Please send in your applications to the email address above with the code “APPIE2021” indicated in the Subject Line.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the email address provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the SABT (South African Bulk Terminals) Apprenticeships must be submitted before the closing date on 28 May 2021 @ 23:59.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
SABT (South African Bulk Terminals) reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.