About the RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation)
The RTMC, also known as the Road Traffic Management Corporation, is a governmental organization that is mainly responsible for the enhancement and quality of the country’s road traffic services. Whether it is on a national, provincial, or regional scale, the RTMC works hard to ensure a safe and orderly regulation of road traffic governance. The organization is supported by the proper allocation of public funds that allows them to conduct a series of beneficial activities. Whether its promoting the importance of abiding road safety rules to the general public, or conducting research on road traffic, the RTMC continues to strive for a better road infrastrcuture.
About the RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation) Job Vacancy as Traffic Officer 2021
The Road Traffic Management Corporation is currently opening up a total of 60 job positions for employment seekers interested in becoming a Traffic Officer. The RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation) Job Vacancy as Traffic Officer is a remarkable opportunity for South African vacancy seekers who are have extensive knowledge in the department of road safety and law enforcement. As an inclusive establishment, people with disabilities are more than welcome to participate in the job vacancy’s recruitment process.
As a Traffic Officer, you are required to perform these following duties:
- Conducting all activities based on the Traffic Law Enforcement and other forms of relevant legislation
- Providing notices to fellow team operators regarding permits
- Inspecting tasked vehicles
- Providing testimonies in court hearings as per required
- Performing escort responsibilities
- Pointing out traffic problems that do not follow road safety legislations
- Investigating certain cases
- Performing patrol duties within the area
- Maintaining traffic records in an organized manner
- Sending in work information with other members of the law enforcement team
- Eliminating possible traffic conflicts.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation) Job Vacancy as Traffic Officer Reference Number: RTMC/TO:TLE/2020.
Potential candidates of the RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation) Job Vacancy as Traffic Officer are required fulfill a list of requirements to be considered eligible for the programme. Additionally, it is advisable for candidates to possess key attributes that can help you secure a position in the establishment. All these items below will be used by the selection committee to fairly assess all candidates. Failure to fulfill everything could cause disadvantageous consequences towards your applications.
The RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation) Job Vacancy as Traffic Officer Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Has either a Senior Certificate/Grade 12 (NQF Level 4), or other equivalent qualification
- Possesses a Traffic/Metro and Traffic Policing Diploma received from an accredited Traffic Training Centre
- Owns a legitimate Driver’s License
- Has has at least 2 years of experience working as a Traffic Officer
- Shows solid understanding of Road Traffic Law Enforcement
- Displays credible proof of Traffic Officer’s Registration as per according to the National Road Traffic Act (NRTA)
- Clear from any criminal track records
- Became an experienced Examiner of Vehicle prior to this position
- Advantageous: previous experience dealing with the transportation of hazardous goods.
2. Working Competencies
- Has directly implemented theses following acts:
- National Road Traffic Act
- Firearms and Ammunitions Act
- National Land Transport Act
- Criminal Procedure Act
- Road Traffic Management Act
- Possesses a foundation in the transporation or road departments
- Has extensive knowledge of road traffic management legislation
- Can work together with teams and lead them into operations
- Has experience with driver/road worthy testing
- Willing to deliver their responsibilities under work pressure
- Displays effective communication abilities
- Understands basic computer skills
- Follows safety protocols, codes of conduct, and workplace regulations well.
Apply via e-mail: [email protected] (RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation) Job Vacancy as Traffic Officer 2021).
To apply for the job vacancy, candidates must prepare several documents that will be submitted to the selection committee. These documents include:
- A brief letter of application (without a prescribed template)
- Your most updated CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Valid copies of your previous qualifications, Driver’s License, and Identity Document.
Please make sure that you put in your Reference Number of the job vacancy your are applying for before sending in your e-mail. This helps the selection committee find your applications in their inbox. E-mails without a Reference Number will not be acknowledged by the selection committee.
Make sure that all provided documents accurately represents your current circumstances. Candidates found to be falsifying any aspects of your applications will automatically be disqualified from the recruitment procedure.
Similarly, all documents should be included in the dossier before submission. Incomplete application dossiers will put your registration under a risky position.
Applications for the RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation) Job Vacancy as Traffic Officer must be submitted before the closing date on 15 December 2020 at 16:30.
The selection committee will not be processing any late applications. Candidates found to be making their submissions past the closing deadline will not be acknowledged by the selection committee during the registration process.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the committee within a total period of 3 months, we regret to inform you that your applications has not been successful.
Please be kindly informed that the RTMC holds all rights to make any forms of appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Do you have a question regarding the RTMC (Road Traffic Management Corporation) Job Vacancy as Traffic Officer? Deliver your enquiries and concerns to the following contact person below:
Telephone Number: +27 12 999 5200 (Ms. N Thobela).