About Rand Water
Rand Water is a South African establishment that strives to make water supplies an accessible resource for citizens of the country. Responsible for supplying 11 million in Gauteng, Rand Water ensures that they are providing high quality water and related sanitation services to local communities. By employing sustainable business practices, Rand Water has amassed a large bulk of water utilities not just in South Africa, but also the rest of the continent. Rand Water continues to play a pivotal part in Gauteng, as well as certain parts of the Free State, Mpumalanga, and the North West.
About the Rand Water Bursaries 2021
Rand Water is offering financial assistance in the form of bursaries to a hand select number of academically driven students in South African universities. The Rand Water Bursaries is an all-inclusive programme that welcomes people of all different backgrounds. As an awardee, you will be provided with the necessary support to chase after your academic qualification. If you display exemplary academic scores and valuable qualities as a student, you are more than encouraged to give this opportunity a shot.
The Rand Water Bursaries is available for the following fields:
- Btech/Bcom Internal Audit (Finance and Auditing): 1st or 2nd Year: x1
- Masters/Honours in Cybersecurity, Computer Science: x3
- Bcom in Financial Accounting: 2nd Year: x1
- Diploma or Degree in Risk Management (Enterprise wide risk management): 3rd Year: x1
- Records Management, Information Science: 2nd or 3rd Year: x1
- Property Valuation Expert: 3rd Year: x1
- Diploma/Degree Risk Management (Business Continuity): 3rd Year: x1
- Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Supply Chain Management :3rd Year: x2
- Bcom IT, Informatics or information System: 2nd or 3rd Year: x1
- Bsc/ B Eng Electrical Engineering: 3rd or 4th Year: x2
- Bcom/CIMA in Management accounting: 2nd Year or 3rd Year: x1
- Hospitality-Food and beverage Management: 3rd Year: x2
- B-Tech Water Care: 4th Year: x3
- Btech or Bsc IT in IT infrastructure, Cybersecurity & Operation: 2nd or 3rd Year: x2
- Diploma in Accounting Finance: 2nd Year: x1
- Diploma in Survey: 3rd Year: x1
- Btech/Bsc Civil Engineering: 3rd or 4th Year: x1
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Rand Water Bursaries’s Reference Number: RAN210513-3.
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Rand Water Bursaries.
Candidates interested in the Rand Water Bursaries must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Rand Water Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Regarded as a previously disadvantaged individual
- Passed their qualification
- Pursuing any one of the aforementioned study fields
- Obtained at least a 65% average aggregate score in their major subjects
- Is not receiving any funding from other bursaries
- Below 35 years old
- Acknowledged as full-time students in a tertiary educational institution.
2. Personal Attributes
- Has a high level of self-motivation
- Driven by results
- Displays impressive communication abilities (written and verbal).
Apply online: Rand Water Bursaries 2021.
Candidates are required to create an account on the portal mentioned above. Alternatively, you can choose to apply using your LinkedIn account (if available).
Additionally, you will be required to prepare the following document:
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- A certified copy of your Matric Certificate
- Your most recent academic transcript.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Important Note: the Rand Water Bursaries adheres to their Employment Equity policies when conducting their recruitment process (both internal and external). Therefore, preference will be offered to female candidates and/or people with disabilities.
Applications for the Rand Water Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 26 May 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Rand Water reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Reference: Rand Water Bursary Programmes