About Petra Diamonds
Petra Diamonds Limited is one of the world’s largest suppliers of raw diamonds and one of the world’s largest independent diamond firms in terms of market capitalization. Petra Diamonds Limited is a South African company with its headquarters in Johannesburg. The company focuses on the upstream phase of the diamond pipeline, which includes the mining, processing, sorting, and selling of raw diamonds, as well as the downstream section, which includes the sale of finished diamonds.
In Southern Africa, the company has a primary emphasis, and it owns shares in four mining operations: three underground mines in South Africa (Finsch, Cullinan, and Koffiefontein), and one open pit mine in Tanzania. Finsch Mines is a gold mine in South Africa that operates underground and produces gold (Williamson). In addition to having a particular ancestry that traces back to some of the world’s most important culturally significant diamond mines, the diamonds used in Petra have a unique appearance that contributes to their allure.
About the Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Rigger 2022
Petra Diamonds is offering an employment opportunity for candidates who are interested in obtaining a 2-year fixed term contract as a professional Rigger. The Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Rigger is a great chance for candidates who are looking to work in the mining field and would like to develop their career under this company.
As a Rigger, you will be generally required to perform all activities required to ensure a safe and reliable lifting and rigging of mining loads. Additionally, below are some of the responsibilities you will need to tackle as well:
- Follow the directions on the work card and notify the supervisor if there are any faults
- Examine, diagnose and carry out trade-related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery in accordance with the requirements of maintenance contracts
- Creating rigging plans is the responsibility of this position
- To examine and report any faults or breakdowns on equipment or machinery to the Foreman in compliance with the Mine Health and Safety Act Regulations, as well as the Manufacturing and Company Standards, is your responsibility
- Observe scheduled tasks in a systematic manner
- Set up all forms of trade-related equipment necessary for the safe functioning of all rigging and lifting operations
- Identify the spares required and place an order in accordance with departmental policy
- Determine the most appropriate rigging equipment for a lifting activity based on the weights and sizes of the loads, the facilities available, the weather conditions, and the time constraints
- In charge of maintaining the appropriate amounts of consumable inventory (amongst others, spares and hydro carbons)
- Assist the Foreman in the performance of his/her responsibilities as and when requested
- Rigging equipment, mobile cranes, overhead cranes, and forklifts are all used to lift and transport heavy items
- Notifies the Central Control Room with any malfunctions or dangerous circumstances
- Provide subject matter knowledge and skills in the area of responsibility, as well as advice on ways to improve or assure the effectiveness of the department or unit in question
- Loads should be secured using packing and lashing techniques
- Participate in the planning of shutdowns (planned maintenance), as well as the allocation of resources, tools, and spares for the shutdown operations
- De-energize the area and implement the lock-out process in accordance with corporate policy
- It is your responsibility to guarantee that safe rigging equipment is available.
For application purposes, please take note of the Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Rigger’s Reference Number: CUL547.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Rigger? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Rigger Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Has a Grade 10 qualification
- Possesses an N2 National Certificate
- Has a Trade Test Certificate as Rigger
- At least 3 years of experience post Apprenticeship/Qualification
- Owns a legitimate Driver’s License.
2. Advantageous Qualifications
- Has a Grade 12/N3 qualification
- Understands basic Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite
- Has a legitimate certificate of competency in steel wire ropes (e.g. Haggie Training Course) if applicable.
3. Working Competencies
- Respond to problems as quickly and efficiently as possible to ensure that downtime and production losses are kept to a minimal
- Identify defects and trends, and then report them so that action may be taken to reduce losses or downtime
- Pass the Vienna Level 2 Assessment with flying colors
- Knowledge and ability to complete work cards and record actions/findings are essential for success
- Know and grasp the specifications and limits of lifting equipment, as well as the specifications and limitations of TMM lifting equipment and cranes
- Using the proper lifting and supporting techniques as well as permitted machinery and equipment, raise and move weights
- Identify the tools, lifting equipment, mobile cranes, and load-carrying TTM that will be used in the course of the task
- Determining the right safe work load rating of the equipment that will be utilized in the recovery of the machinery should take some time
- In line with SANS 10293, you should be familiar with and comprehend the rope discard criterion for winder ropes
- Become familiar with and follow safe work practices
- Possess the necessary knowledge and skills to identify and prioritize key activities and sequences of events that must be carried out during scheduled shutdowns
- Perform load testing operations on lifting equipment, TMM lifting machines, and cranes while demonstrating knowledge and expertise in accordance with standard operating and safe working practices
- Perform planned maintenance on equipment in accordance with original equipment manufacturer standards and safe operating practices
- Perform rope condition inspections on winder ropes in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act and demonstrate knowledge and ability to do so.
Download Job Application Form: Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Rigger 2022.
Once you have downloaded the application form, please fill it in with your most relevant responses by writing them into the appropriate areas. All of the personal information you submit should be accurate and correspond to your actual circumstances.
Additionally, you will be aske to provide the following documents (if applicable):
- Your Identity Document
- Most recent qualifications
- Your own Driver’s License
- And a Curriculum Vitae.
All these documents must be included in your application dossiers. Incomplete applications will automatically be disqualified from the registration process.
Once that’s done, please send in your applications via email: [email protected]. For the email subject, please put in “CUL547 – Rigger – 2-year Fixed Term Contract – Cullinan Mine“.
The information you provide will be reviewed by the whole selection committee, which will include you. As a result, you should double-check to ensure that there is no fictitious information. If there is any evidence that applicants are giving false information, they may be placed in a hazardous position.
The selection committee will use the information you provide to register you for the opportunity. By submitting your applications, you are giving the committee permission to use your personal information for this reason.
Please be kindly informed that Petra Diamonds does not require candidates to provide any payment for registration purposes. If you encounter an advertisement that asks you to send in any payment to apply, please directly report the incident to either one of these hotlines:
- Telephone Number: +27 31 571 5573
- Email: [email protected]
Applications for the Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Rigger must be submitted before the closing date on 02 January 2022.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. However, this does not guarantee instant success and is just intended to provide you with a secure position throughout the recruiting process.
Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered by the selection committee. All entries received past the closing date will be immediately rejected, regardless of their content.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 30 days past the deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the opportunity.
Petra Diamonds has the right to offer or deny employment to anybody at its discretion. The selecting committee’s judgments are final and binding on all parties involved.