About Petra Diamonds
Petra Diamonds is a mining group that is focused on providing high quality rough diamonds to clients ranging from all over the world. The entity currently has several operations based in South Africa as well as Tanzania. Just like any other company, Petra Diamonds has their own strategy to appeal to the international masses. Instead of producing large amounts of diamonds to meet quantity, the company puts a strong emphasis into quality. Petra Diamonds believes they are able to attain much more profits through this efficient business manufacturing practice.
Due to the rigorous working environment, Petra Diamonds makes it their mission to protect all employees under their wing. The company implements strict ethical standards and holds their operations in locations that has already been pre-approved. This step ensures a sustainable mining culture that is both healthy for the company itself, but also for their fellow clients and surrounding communities. Petra Diamonds currently has an acclaimed spot on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, and is soon to be inducted into the Irish Stock Exchange. With years of experience in the field, it comes as no surprise that Petra Diamonds is a leading company to look forward to.
About the Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Boilermaker 2021
Petra Diamonds is currently looking out for employment seekers who are keen on applying for their fixed term contract job vacancy as a dedicated Boilermaker. The Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Boilermaker is a grand working opportunity based in the company’s Koffiefontein Diamond Mine, situated approximately 100km from Kimberly. This is an internal and external contract opportunity that welcomes anyone who can meet the vacancy’s tasks and responsibilities. Your main role a Boilermaker to is report directly to the Engineering Foreman, and you will be required to install and maintain any relevant equipment based on the given specifications.
For application purposes, please take note of the Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Boilermaker’s Reference Number: KOFF358.
Note: Petra Diamonds is in the midst of changing their organizational structure to meet their current operational methods. The grading of this position might be influenced slightly.
Tasks and Duties
- Conducting observations, risk assessments, plastic pipe welding, and maintenance planning
- Performing shutdown assignments, administration, paintings, drilling, and grinding activities
- Establishing fruitful relationships with other members of the team and other departments
- Cutting and welding steel construction components
- Followings company policies and procedures to ensure the working environment’s safety
- Performing necessary inspections by adhering to the Mine Health and Safety Act policies
- Planning, drawing, and delivering layout structures
- Managing your workload in a timely manner.
Candidates interested in the Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Boilermaker must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with the applications. Each of these items below will determine how favorable you are as an ideal candidate. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all these requirements below. Failure to do so might put your application in a risky position during the selection process.
The Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Boilermaker Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possesses a Grade 10 qualifications
- Has an N2 National Certificate
- Owns a Boilermaker Trade Certificate (issued by an accredited institution and/or apprenticeship)
- Possesses at least 3 years of experience as a Boilermaker post qualification/apprenticeship
- Owns a legitimate Drivers’ License.
- Possesses a Grade 12 or N3 qualification
- Has basic understanding of Computer Literacy
3. Working Attributes
- Can pass a Vienna Level 2 Assessment with flying colors
- Following all safe work protocols
- Understands the foundations of fabricating, cutting, gas welding, welding, and arc welding
- Using machining tools as per required by the trade
- Inspecting all faults and reporting them to prevent extra measures
- Knows how to read and understand technical diagrams and drawings
- Prioritizing their tasks to meet certain deadlines
- Performing maintenance according to plans and given instructions
- Attending to breakdowns during necessary times
- Finishing up job cards based on their findings
- Using all the tools, spares, and equipment effectively.
4. Important Note
Candidates who possess a QCTO Trade Test qualification, in which their certificate does not indicate their learning route, are required to send in these following documents:
- Your most updated statement of results (issued by a legitimate MQF trade test centre)
- Evidence of training in a legitimate training centre (e.g. logbook or portfolio of evidence)
Unfortunately, candidates who possess an S28 Trade Test qualification issued by non-Mining Sector centres will not be allowed to register for this job vacancy.
Apply via email: [email protected] with the Subject “KOFF358 – Boilermaker Fixed Term Contract – Koffiefontein Mine” (Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Boilermaker 2021)
Candidates must download the Official Job Application Form. Once you have attained the form, skim through the queries and fill it in with appropriate answers.
All provided information will be subjected to further evaluation by the selection committee. Candidates found to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will automatically be disqualified from the programme.
Candidates are required to prepare the following documents as well (where applicable):
- SAPS certified copies of your available qualifications
- Driver’s License (does not exceed more than 3 months)
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae
Your application dossier must have all of these documents included. Candidates providing incomplete applications will not be considered for the advertised role.
Applications must be sent to the correct email address above. Submissions made through other methods, such as fax or hand delivery, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Note: internal candidates must send in an official Internal Application Form, followed by your resume, available qualifications, and Identity Document.
Applications for the Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Boilermaker must be submitted before the closing date on 24 January 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late submissions. Candidates found to be sending in their applications past the deadline will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Announcements will only be made to candidates who have been shortlisted for the vacancy. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within 30 days past the deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been accepted for the programme.
Candidates who have been shortlisted for the opportunity will be asked to participate in a panel of interview. Make sure that you constantly stay updated with new notifications regarding your recruitment process.
Petra Diamonds reserves all rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Petra Diamonds Mine is recognized as an Equal opportunity Employer. This is to ensure that opportunities are equally given to suitable candidates. Preference will be offered to candidates who meet their Employment Equity Policy plans and internal applicants.
Additionally, candidates who are currently residing within the host labour areas of Letsemeng/Xhariep District Municipalities are given preference (must provide proof of residence).
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Petra Diamonds Job Vacancy as Boilermaker, there has been false notifications that misuse the good name of the company. These scams require candidates to transfer a sum of money to guarantee a spot in the job recruitment process.
Please be kindly informed that Petra Diamonds do not require any form of payment during the recruitment process. Should you encounter any one of the false notifications, you may report them to either one of these hotlines below:
Toll Free: +27 80 000 7247
Telephone Number: +27 31 571 5573
Fax: +27 31 560 7395
Email Address: [email protected]
Postal Carriage: KZ 138, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320