About OWLAG (Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls)
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls (often referred to simply as “The Academy”) is an educational platform of the highest caliber for young women that was established with the intention of fostering a new generation of powerful women leaders. A little more than 300 students are now enrolled in grades 8 through 12 at this residential boarding school, which is located in Meyerton, in the province of Gauteng. Grade 12 Students take the National Senior Certificate Examination, which is administered by the Independent Examination Board (I.E.B.).
The beautiful campus encompasses 52 acres and has 21 contemporary classrooms, six laboratories, a library with 10 000 volumes, groomed gardens, a theater with seating for 600 people, and modern dormitories that are outfitted with amenities. Each student has endured hardships such as childhood poverty and traumatic experiences at some point in their life, but they also have qualities such as resilience, bravery, and spirit that set them apart from their classmates.
About the OWLAG (Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls) Job Vacancy as Librarian 2022
OWLAG (Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls) is offering a prestigious permanent job opportunity for applicants keen on becoming a professional Librarian. The OWLAG (Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls) Job Vacancy as Librarian is seeking qualified individuals who are passionate in this line of work and is willing to work within an academic environment.
As a Librarian, you will be required to:
- Make it a priority to check that the Library Service has enough resources and is developing in a way that is proportional to the exceptional academic quality of the Academy
- Encourage learning that lasts a lifetime and integrate information literacy training into all aspects of the Academy’s operations as part of your work to build a learning community in tandem with the rest of the faculty and staff
- Foster a love of reading and make effective use of the information resources available to maximize the academic potential of both the students and the staff.
For application purpsoes, please kindly take note of the OWLAG (Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls) Job Vacancy as Librarian’s Reference Number: LIB22001.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the OWLAG (Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls) Job Vacancy as Librarian? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the vacancy’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The OWLAG (Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls) Job Vacancy as Librarian Eligiblity Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Has a legitimate Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Education or any qualification relevant to professional teaching
- At least 3-5 years of working experience as a Librarian
- Has previous experience utilizing different library/database software programmes
- Displays proven experience classifying and cataloguing library resources
- Shows extensive understanding of different library systems
- Displays proven work experience in digital libraries.
2. Advantageous Qualifications
- Has a B.Hons degree in the study field of Librarianship and/or Information Science or Education
- Shows previous experience working in a school library
- Has a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Teacher
- Registered with SACE
- Has previous Follett experience
- Knows how to utilize a dynamic and creative approach in library embedding, especially within the academic school/educational institute context.
Apply online: OWLAG (Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls) Job Vacancy as Librarian 2022.
To visit the aforementioned web URL from your computer, it is strongly suggested that you utilize Google Chrome as your web browser (see above).
You can also submit your application by utilizing your smartphone instead of your PC because this method is significantly more convenient. You can use Google Chrome as your web browser if you are working with an Android operating system on your handheld device. You don’t need to install any other browsers on your phone because Google Chrome comes pre-installed on handsets running the Android operating system.
Candidates are required to make an account for themselves on the application portal before they may submit their applications. Throughout the entirety of the process of registering for this course, it will be necessary to sign into this account.
Candidates will also need to provide the following documents:
- A brief Cover Letter
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae including the names of three contactable references
- A copy of your highest qualification(s)
- A copy of your Identity Document.
All these documents should be included in your application dossier. Incompleted application dossiers will automatically be disqualified from the registration process.
By submitting your applications, you are giving the selection committee permission to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event. This can include things like your name, address, and email address.
In order to verify the authenticity of the applications submitted by applicants, those submissions will go through a series of extra screening and verification steps. In the event that it is discovered that an applicant has misrepresented any component of their paperwork, they will not be allowed to take part in the registration process.
Candidates are obligated to submit their applications using the website that is linked above. The committee in charge of selecting winners will not consider any materials that have been submitted through alternative channels, such as hand delivery or fax.
Applications for the OWLAG (Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls) Job Vacancy as Librarian must be submitted before the closing date on 30 May 2022.
By registering in advance, you may ensure that your application will be safeguarded as soon as possible. The objective of this is to assure that you will maintain a secure position throughout the recruitment period; nevertheless, this does not guarantee that you will be successful right away.
There will be no consideration given to candidates whose applications are received beyond the deadline by the selection committee. After the deadline has passed, all contributions that were submitted in will be automatically disqualified.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee by the very latest 31 August 2022, we regret to inform you that your application is unsuccessful.
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls (OWLAG) has complete discretion about whether or not to offer employment to any individual. The decisions that the selecting committee comes to are irrevocable in every case. Candidates are disallowed from canvassing the committee’s decision.