About Overberg Water Board
Overberg Water Board is an establishment that is responsible for distributing bulk water to a number of regions with the Western Cape area. The firm has been known have 3 water treatment schemes supported by 22 reservoirs located all over the area. Overberg Water Board is all about providing clean and accessible water facilities to a diverse demographic, from individuals to regional industries.
About the Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as General Worker 2021
Overberg Water Board is offering 5 General Worker positions for any applicant prepared to be based within Western Cape with salary of R 4 000-4 500/month. The Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as General Worker is offering opportunities based in the water treatment and waste water treatment facilities below:
- X1 Helderstroom Correctional Facility
- X1 Paardeberg Correctional Facility
- X1 Bredasdorp Air Force Base
- X1 Brandvlei Correctional Facility
- X1 Riebeeck West Correctional Facility
As a General Worker, you will be handling the following responsibilities:
- Within the scope of the position, carry out reasonable and authorized orders given by your line manager or supervisor while keeping in mind your own skills and operational requirements
- Adhere to all applicable statutory and regulatory standards for water and wastewater treatment plants
- Aid in the overall upkeep of the building including landscaping and housekeeping duties
- Elimination of grasses, reed beds, waste materials, and other vegetation and waste materials, as well as their processing and disposal
- Fill out all of the necessary work procedures forms, time sheets, stock sheets, log sheets, job cards, and other reporting forms that are required
- Carry out any other necessary building maintenance tasks
- Assist with pipe bursts, reservoir cleaning, sediment tank cleaning, and filter cleaning
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate manual and electronic data, such as that from meters, gauges, data loggers, and other devices
- Cleaning and maintenance of the purification plant, scheme offices, and other structures on a general basis
- Maintenance and protection of plant assets at Department of Public Works locations
- Water quality samples, chemicals, and other heavy objects or equipment must be handled and transported properly
- Maintain an inventory of all plant consumables that are required for operational activities, housekeeping, and any other activities that have been recognized in the facility
- Despite the fact that they are situated at a certain facility, incumbents may be required to rotate/travel to other sites and/or areas in order to meet business operational requirements.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as General Worker’s Reference Number: OWGW0001.
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as General Worker.
Before submitting their applications for the Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as General Worker, candidates must first ensure that they meet the required qualifications. Each of the factors listed below will determine whether or not you have what it takes to be considered for this position. Candidates are strongly recommended to meet all of the prerequisites listed below in order to ensure a successful application. Your applications will suffer negative consequences if you do not complete this step. Ensure that you take note of these points for your own reference.
The Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as General Worker Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possesses a Grade 12 or Matric qualification with the relevant training
- Has a legitimate Code B Driver’s License (unendorsed)
- Displays good communication and writing abilities
- Fulfills the ethical standards that are part of the vacancy
- Prepared to come in outside working hours (e.g. weekend, holidays)
- Must have at least 6 months of prior experience as a professional General Worker in Water Facilities.
2. Work Abilities
- Understands basic Microsoft Office competencies
- Displays knowledge in Mathematics literacy
- Has small maintenance and daily plant maintenance abilities
- Displays good communication abilities (verbal and written)
- Fulfills health and safety regulations
- Takes quality into orientation
- Has a keen eye for the small details
- Knows how to write up reports.
Apply online: Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as General Worker 2021.
Prior to proceeding with your applications, candidates will need to register with the application portal and generate a username and password. This account is critical to the success of your registration process because it will save all of your personal information as well as other critical details.
Do not give out your login credentials to anyone else in order to better protect your account. Make a note of your account information and keep it in a secure location where no one else can access it.
The selection committee will use the information you provide to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are giving the committee permission to use your personal information for this reason.
The applications of applicants will be submitted to additional evaluation and verification processes in order to confirm that they are valid. The participation of anyone who is discovered to be misrepresenting any element of their applications during the registration period shall be barred.
It is necessary for candidates to submit their applications through the website listed above. Submissions sent by other means, such as email or fax, will not be taken into consideration by the selection panel.
Applications for the Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as General Worker 2021 must be submitted before the closing date on 31 August 2021.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered by the selection committee under any circumstances. Submissions that are received after the deadline will not be recognized at the time of the registration process.
After learning of their selection, it is encouraged that candidates submit their applications as quickly as possible after receiving the news. As a result of this structure, you will have more time to thoroughly evaluate the substance of your applications. Please start putting together your applications as soon as you have the opportunity to do so.
In the course of the recruitment process, the Overberg Water Board reserves the right to make or decline to make an appointment at any moment. The judgments of the choosing committee are final and binding on all parties involved in the process.