About Overberg Water Board
Overberg Water Board is an establishment that is committed to providing accessible and clean water to their main customers within their region, as well as for relevant industries. Located right within the Overberg region, from Botriver to Heidelberg, the water distribution plant has provided about four million cubic meters of water every year. With an impressive pipeline network that spans to 1 450 km, the Overberg Water Board is supported by the right facilities and team to make their operations work.
About the Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as Handyman 2021
The Overberg Water Board is offering two (2) employment positions for candidates who are interested in working as a Handyman within the Water industry. The Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as Handyman is an opportunity based in Caledon, Western Cape that will require you to perform ground keeping and maintenance tasks at multiple water treatment plants within the Western Cape area.
As a Handyman, you will be tasked with the following duties:
- The ability to read, understand, and communicate information in both manual and computer form
- Despite the fact that they are located at a particular location, incumbents may be required to rotate/travel to other sites and/or regions in order to meet company operating requirements
- Elimination of grasses, reed beds, waste materials, and other vegetation and waste materials, as well as their processing and disposal
- Within the scope of the job, carry out reasonable and legal orders provided by your line manager or supervisor while keeping in mind your own competences and operational needs
- Maintenance and protection of plant assets at Department of Public Works locations
- Carry out any other necessary building maintenance tasks
- Fill out all of the necessary work procedures forms, time sheets, stock sheets, log sheets, job cards, and other reporting forms that are required
- Water quality samples, chemicals, and other heavy items or equipment must be handled and transported properly
- Maintain an inventory of all plant consumables that are needed for operational operations, housekeeping, and any other activities that have been recognized in the facility
- Repairing pipe breaks, cleaning reservoirs, sediment tanks, and filters are all examples of what we do
- Aid with the overall upkeep of the building including landscaping and cleaning duties
- Adhere to all applicable legislative and regulatory standards for water and wastewater treatment plants
- Cleaning, repair, and upkeep of the purifying plant, as well as the scheme’s offices and buildings in general.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as Handyman 2021’s Reference Number: OWHM0001.
Interested in giving the Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as Handyman a shot? Now’s your time to register. Before you begin your applications, it’s best that you double check your qualifications with the eligibility criteria below. Each of these items will determine whether you have all of the qualities that can fulfill the standards that the company upholds. To have a higher chance of a successful applications, it’s encouraged that you fulfill all these following items.
The Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as Handyman Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possesses a Grade 12 qualification or a Matric certificate (must have relevant training)
- Job references issued by your previous suppliers
- Has a legitimate code B Driver’s License (obligatory)
- Displays impressive communication abilities (verbal and written)
- Fulfills the ethical standards as upheld by the company
- Prepared to work in shifts or standby (e.g. holidays, weekend shifts)
- Has at least 2 years of experience becoming a handyman/general assistant or any relevant experience dealing in the water/relevant facilities.
2. Personal Skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Suite
- Knows basic Mathematics literacy
- Takes quality into importance
- Understands daily plant maintenance
- Has a keen eye for the small details
- Knows how to operate basic power-drive equipment
- Can perform machinery repairs when necessary
- Displays sober habits
- Can perform small maintenance (advantageous).
Apply online: Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as Handyman 2021.
Candidates must send in their applications through the portal provided above. This online submission platform will store all of your personal information and documents in an account you will be required to create.
This account is integral towards your entire registration process. Therefore, make sure you keep your account safe and secure at all times. Never share your account credentials, especially your password, to unwanted strangers.
By sending in your applications, you are officially granting the selection committee complete authorisation of your personal details. Members of the committee will conduct evaluation procedures to check the validity of your applications. Anyone discovered to be making false statements on their applications will be disqualified from the registration.
Only submissions made through the portal above will be considered by the selection committee (does not automatically guarantee success). External submissions from fax or email will immediately be rejected.
Applications for the Overberg Water Board Job Vacancy as Handyman 2021 must be submitted before the closing date on 31 August 2021.
If you think you are the right fit for the position, don’t hesitate to register for the vacancy. Send in your applications as soon as possible so that you don’t have to endure a last-minute application. Plus, having an early submission gives you more time to cross-check your personal information and documents.
The selection committee strictly disallows candidates from sending in their applications past the closing date, even by just a couple of days. Late applications will automatically be disqualified from the registration process.
All decisions made by the selection committee are final. Overberg Water Board holds all rights to provide anyone with an employment opportunity or not.