Novartis is a pharmaceutical company that emphasizes the importance of research for the purpose of creating advanced medicine for the world. Regarded as one of the world’s most acclaimed medicines company, Novartis has been responsible for becoming the pioneers of astonishing medical feats. The company strives to improve the quality of peoples’ lives by using the power of science to achieve better outcomes with their services. Through this, Novartis aims to become an integral contributor to the leading healthcare industry. With the help of approximately 125,000 employees under their wing, Novartis has the spectrum to grow their pharmaceutical portfolio with high-tech medical technologies.
About the Novartis Learnerships 2021
Novartis is offering learnership programmes in six (6) different specializations for those who are passionate about joining an international medicine company. The Novartis Learnerships is a series of 12-month programmes conducted in the area of Gauteng. Each of these learnerships consist of theoretical learning sessions and practical working periods under a real-time company setting. Through either one of these learnerships, you will gain a better perspective on how a medicine company operates from the yes of a direct employee. Whether you will be dealing with business acumen, or diving into the scientific research part of these learnerships, you will have nothing to lose from joining these programmes.
The Novartis Learnerships will be conducted through a variety of mediums. Depending on the field you will choose, some sessions are conducted through online learning platforms or face-to-face theoretical assessments. The theoretical aspects of the learnerships will be conducted for more or less six (6) months of the programmes. Afterwards, you are expected to put your theory into practice by delving into the company. As per according to the learnership your are pursuing, you will be given several responsibilities to perform to display what you have learnt the past few months. Under the guidance of professional training providers, your progress will be tracked and you will know what areas you need to improve even more.
The Novartis Learnerships are currently offering programmes for these fields with these specific requirements below:
1. Human Resources (308273BR)
- Has a Degree in Human Resources, Management, or Industrial Psychology
- Passionate about the world of Human Resources.
2. Medical Sales Representative (308205BR)
- Owns a Matric (NSC) qualification
- Has a tertiary degree in either BSc or BCom
- Has a Code 8 Driver’s License.
3. Business Admin (308210BR)
- Has a BSc Degree.
4. Regulatory Affairs (308209BR)
- Has a BSc Degree.
5. Quality Assurance (QA) (308211BR)
- Has a tertiary degree in either BSc, MTech, or BTech.
6. Supply Chain (308212BR)
- Has a BA Degree
- Owns a qualification in Supply Chain.
- Understanding the basic principles of the healthcare industry
- Developing a stronger learning foundation that is relevant to your chosen learnership field
- Following all of the provided instructions during the practical working sessions
- Providing professional assistance towards fellow colleagues to achieve learnership objectives
- Preparing a Portfolio of Evidence that clearly shows your progress throughout the learnership.
General Eligibility Criteria
The Novartis Learnerships is a grand opportunity for South African individuals who have pursued different fields during their previous studies. However, to proceed with the learnerships, you are required to fulfill a strict set of general eligibility criteria. Each of these items will determine whether you are well qualified enough for the learnerships or not. Failure to meet all of these requirements will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items if you want to secure a spot during the registration process.
The Novartis Learnerships General Eligibility Criteria are as listed below:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa (must provide their South African Identity Document book)
- Upholds a high sense of self-confidence
- Presents themselves in a professional manner
- Displays effective communication abilities
- Proven fluency in both written and spoken English language
- Can write e-mails communicatively and quickly
- Flexible with their learning abilities
- Motivated to work under a company settings
- Proactive in making contributions towards the company
- Gets along with other people easily
- Understands basic computer literacy
- Knows how to use MS. Office software
- Passionate about the pharmaceutical field.
- Novartis Learnerships 2021 – Human Resources
- Novartis Learnerships 2021 – Medical Sales Representative
- Novartis Learnerships 2021 – Business Admin
- Novartis Learnerships 2021 – Regulatory Affairs
- Novartis Learnerships 2021 – Quality Assurance (QA)
- Novartis Learnerships 2021 – Supply Chain
Candidates interested in either one of the Novartis Learnerships are required to create an account in the links above. This account will hold all of your personal details and supporting documents needed to proceed with your applications.
Due to the sensitive nature of your applications, it is advisable that you keep your account credentials protected. Most importantly, never share your account password with anyone else to prevent privacy breaches.
Unfortunately, the closing date of the Novartis Learnerships is not specified.
Therefore, it is encouraged that you begin your applications as soon as possible. This will make sure that you secure a spot during the registration period.