About Murray & Roberts
Murray & Roberts has a long and illustrious history spanning more than a century, and it is now well recognized as a multinational project life cycle organization with a global presence. As a major worldwide engineering and construction business with project life cycle capabilities, the Group’s aim is to optimize clients’ fixed capital investment via the use of these skills.
It does this by concentrating its experience and capability on the delivery of long-term project engineering and procurement solutions, as well as construction, commissioning, operations, and maintenance services and solutions. They provide their talents to the resources, industrial, energy, water, and specialized infrastructure market sectors, among other areas of expertise. Murray & Roberts is a network of world-class enterprises and brands that are all committed to the same purpose and vision, as well as the same set of values.
About the Murray & Roberts Operator Raise Drilling Learnership 2022-2023
Murray & Roberts is offering a permanent learnership programme based in Rustenburg for candidates interested in the exciting field of Operator Raise Drilling. The Murray & Roberts Operator Raise Drilling Learnership is a great learnership that will provide you with the fundamentals of this industry upon completion.
A defined curriculum will be followed during the duration of the program, which will include both theoretical examinations and practical working sessions that will take place in a real-world workplace context. As you work your way towards a certification, you will be encouraged to make significant progress under the supervision of expert training providers.
As a learner, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Affiliation with M&RC’s core principles and leadership efforts, as well as effective self- and team management
- Identification and mitigation of risks in a proactive manner, as well as escalate and report
- Perform the Operator’s responsibilities in a safe and effective manner. Drilling should be raised to the level of the trainee operator
- Engagement with the facilitator, coach, assessors, and site staff that is effective
- Observe lockout protocols to the letter
- Complete administrative chores in a timely and precise way
- Perform satisfactorily on the job in terms of practical work and theory at the M&RC Training Academy. Operate raise drilling equipment safely under the guidance of an instructor
- Understand and adhere to the standards, rules, procedures, and safety measures established by M&RC.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Murray & Roberts Operator Raise Drilling Learnership’s Reference Number: mr_000642.
If you think this opportunity is right for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Murray & Roberts Operator Raise Drilling Learnership.
Candidates interested in the Murray & Roberts Operator Raise Drilling Learnership must fulfill eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences for the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Murray & Roberts Operator Raise Drilling Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Has a Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 relevant qualification
- Has participated in a Raise Drilling Operator training programme
- Possesses Competency B qualification
- Owns a legitimate Driver’s License
- Has a legitimate passport
- Displays impressive English communication abilities (both written and verbal).
2. Work Experience
- Has a minimum of 2 years of working experience as a professional Raise Drilling General Worker (preferable)
- Possesses a solid understanding of raise drilling operations and processes
- Knows how to supervise a team of workers and finish and administrative duties (e.g. reporting, safety documentation, and other items)
- Understands the risk assessments and know how to complete them independently.
Apply online: Murray & Roberts Operator Raise Drilling Learnership 2022-2023.
To access the online portal above, it’s advisable that you do so by opening Google Chrome.
Candidates are required to register on the application portal in order to submit their applications. This account will be required for the duration of the registration process.
It will be examined by the entire selection committee, which will include you, and the information you supply will be kept confidential. As a result, you should do a thorough check to guarantee that there is no fake information included. Candidates may be placed in a potentially hazardous situation if there is proof that they are providing misleading information.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Murray & Roberts Operator Raise Drilling Learnership must be submitted before the closing date on 25 December 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 4 weeks past the deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the programme.
Murray & Roberts reserves the right to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.