Murray & Roberts Profile
Murray & Roberts is a global company that specializes in Engineering and Construction. The enterprise adheres to world-class standards that have shaped their vision and missions since their initial formation. Today, the company is well-known for facilitating all kinds of construction-related matters, such as procurement, commissioning, maintenance solutions, project engineering, construction, and operations.
The company has made it their priority to fulfill their clients demands. By taking their client’s fixed capital investment seriously, Murray & Roberts is able to transform it into something that goes above and beyond. Because of the company’s client-centric attitude, Murray & Roberts has partnered up with several industries, such as power & water, and oil & gas.
Murray & Roberts is currently based in Joburg, South Africa. However, the company has multiple offices all over the world. These include Zambia, Scotland, South Korea, Mozambique, Canada, Ghana, Australia, and the USA.
Murray & Roberts Artisan Learnership (Electrician & Diesel Mechanic) 2021-2022
Murray & Roberts are offering Artisan Learnerships for a select number of local individuals who wish to build a career as Electrician and Diesel Mechanics. The Murray & Roberts Artisan Learnership is seeking out potential candidates who can live up to their standards to participate in their extensive training sessions.
Throughout the course of the programme, selected learners are entitled to a combination of theoretical knowledge assessments and practical working sessions in a real-time company environment. All sessions are to take place the company’s Training Academy situared near Caletonville, Gauteng. Learners will be given a substantial remuneration and other relevant benefits to support their journey.
- Reporting to the ETD Officer during the course of the learnership
- Executing any provided tasks that pertains to practical workplace exposure
- Adhering to the company’s strict code of conduct as well as rules and regulations
- Following all of the assessments provided by the learnership (theoretical and practical)
- Preparing yourself for final assessment to display how much you have progressed
- Being available for irregular working hours (e.g. weekend shifts)
- Putting in the time, energy, and effort into following the learnership’s instructions
- Presenting themselves in a professional matter during the learner’s respective shift.
To be considered for the Murray & Roberts Artisan Learnership, candidates will need to adhere to the eligibility criteria. Each learnership may have their own specific qualifications later on, but there are a few general items that candidates will need to take note of. Each of these items will determine the success rate of your applications. Failure to fulfill all of them may cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your registration.
The Murray & Roberts Artisan Learnership General Requirements are:
- Officially recognized as a legitimate citizen or Permanent Resident of South Africa
- Owns a legitimate N2 Certificate with Engineering Mathematics and Engineering Science (please refer below for specific qualifications)
- Considered medically healthy for an underground working environment
- Clear from any criminal track records
- Must not be employed by any other establishments during the learnership
- Preference will be given towards candidates who are recognized as Historically Disadvantaged South Africans (HDSA).
1. Artisan Learnership (Electrician)
Specific qualifications: N2 Certificate must have Engineering Drawing and/or Industrial Electronics & Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Science, as well as Electrical Trade theory.
Apply online: Murray & Roberts Artisan Learnership – Electrician 2021-2022.
2. Artisan Learnership (Diesel Mechanic)
Specific qualifications: N2 Certificate must have Engineering Drawing, as well as Diesel or Motor Trade theory.
Apply online: Murray & Roberts Artisan Learnership – Diesel Mechanic 2021-2022.
In order to register for the programme, you will be required to create an account on the application portal. This account will store all of your personal information and any necessary document.
Once you have your account made, please keep your credentials safe and secure to prevent any possibly privacy breaches. Candidates are expected not to share your account details, especially your password, to other people.
Applications for the Murray & Roberts Artisan Learnership (Electrician & Diesel Mechanic) 2021-2022 must be sent before the closing date on 16 August 2021.
Late applications will not be approved by the selection committee. If you happen to submit your applications past the closing date, you will automatically be disqualified from registrations.
Since applications take place online, it is highly advisable to send in your applications as soon as possible. This is to prevent any unwanted disturbances that may occur due to last-minute applications (e.g. heavy online traffic).
- The selection committee reserves all rights to modify any of their advertised positions
- The selection committee holds all rights to not select any candidates to fill the learnership
- Submitted applications will not guarantee any follow-up panel interviews
- Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the company within 4 weeks past the deadline, we regret to inform you that your application is not successful
- The committee will be applying their Employment Equity policies throughout the entire recruitment process. Therefore, preference is offered to certain candidates.
Should you have any enquiries or concerns with your application process, do not hesitate to reach out to the Murray & Roberts Artisan Learnership’s Support Team.
E-mail address: [email protected]
Telephone number: +27 10 140 3099