MultiChoice is a company the offers only the best entertainment options to their loyal customers in the continent. The leading establishment, which is heavily rooted on African grounds, has dedicated their time and efforts in creating new platforms with an abundance of media brands. A few popular examples are Gotv, DStv, Showmax, and more. In addition, MultiChoice is the company behind their state-of-the-art digital platform security. Not only will you receive top-notch entertainment, but a highly protected one as well. Serving a general audience of 19 million people and more, MultiChoice has been the go-to choice for individuals living in 50 countries.
MultiChoice is committed to uplifting members of their surrounding communities, especially in places where the company holds their operations. With years of experience under their belt, MultiChoice realizes the importance of creating engaging storytelling mediums for both local and international mediums. The company gives back to society by opening up new jobs and becoming an integral play in the local TV and film sector. As MultiChoice continues to run its operations consistently, the company has helped boost the local economy of their base countries. At the end of the day, MultiChoice aims to provide stories that matter to their fellow customers.
About the MultiChoice Bursaries 2021
MultiChoice is offering bursary schemes to a hand select number of pupils who display impressive academic abilities and respectable personal qualities. The MultiChoice Bursaries is one of the many efforts taken by the company to uplift members of their local societies. By investing greatly into younger generations of learners, MultiChoice hopes that students will be even more motivated to pursue their tertiary degrees or qualifications. Additionally, the company expects that all of their awardees to grow into capable individuals who are willing to make positive contributions to their own communities in the future.
The MultiChoice Bursaries is only available for students who are pursuing their first-time undergraduate degree, or postgraduate degree (e.g. Honours and Masters). Candidates are required to be enrolled in an accredited Higher Learning Institution in South Africa. Candidates will be assessed based on their need for urgent financial assistance as well as their academic track record. Please be kindly informed that the busary programme will only be awarded for one academic year (2021). Candidates who currently have records of historical debt are not allowed to join the programme.
Awardees of the MultiChoice Bursaries are entitled to funds that provide full coverage for:
- Registration costs
- Tuition expenses
- Accommodation costs
- Living allowance for the year.
The MultiChoice Bursaries are offered to students pursuing degrees or qualifications:
- Information Systems/Technology
- Media, Film/Television Studies
- Human Resources
- Applied/Computational mathematics
- Computer/Data Science
- Finance (Internal Audit/Financial Accounting)
- Sport Broadcasting
- Creative/Corporate Brand Communication
- UX/UI/CX Design
- Digital Marketing
- Engineering (Computer, Electrical& Digital)
- Customer Insights Technologies
Candidates of the MultiChoice Bursaries must first fulfill the programmes’ eligibility criteria. Each of these items will be used by the selection committee to assess incoming candidates fairly. To guarantee an impressive application, candidates are recommended to meet all of these items below. Failure to do so will result in instant disqualification from the registration period. Be sure to jot down all of these criteria for personal reference in the future.
The MultiChoice Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as citizen of South Africa
- Enrolled in a South African Higher Learning Institute
- Pursuing either one of the study fields mentioned above
- Has an average aggregate score of at least 65% for all of your subjects
- Preference will be offered to awardees originating from Previously Disadvantaged Backgrounds.
Download application form: MultiChoice Bursaries 2021.
Once you have your application form, skim through the queries to get a gist of the document. Fill in the required boxes with the necessary personal information. The information you provide will be subjected to a strict vetting and evaluation process conducted by the selection committee. Do not put in any information that may not be accurate to your current conditions.
Candidates must also provide these supporting documents below:
- Valid, certified copy of candidate’s Identity Document
- Valid, certified copy of guardian’s Identity Document
- Affidavit of guardianship (if applicant does not have parent/s)
- Proof of monthly household income and dependent
- Monthly budget detailing expenses and household income
- Valid copy of your available academic transcripts (most updated)
- Acceptance letters from your respective tertiary institution
- Pro-forma invoice/quota issued by your tertiary institution
- A testimonial issued directly by your Faculty Dean or Lecture (as applicable)
- Your most updated CV
- A brief letter of motivation
- A separate letter of motivation written by your parents or guardian (optional).
After everything is compiled, please put in your required signatures on the application form. Submit your application form and the supporting documents to this e-mail address: [email protected].
Candidates are required to provide all of the documents mentioned above and provide their signature on the available boxes. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the registration period.
Applications for the MultiChoice Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 31 January 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late submissions. Candidates discovered to be sending in their applications past the deadline will not be acknowledged.
Announcements will only be made to candidates who have been shortlisted for the MultiChoice Bursaries.
MultiChoice reserves all rights to make an appointment or not during the registration period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.