About MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority)
The Mining Qualifications Authority, or simply referred to as the MQA, is a well-established Sector Education and Training Authority that has facilitated the need for more skills development programmes focusing on the field of mining and minerals. Its strong presence in South Africa has enabled the establishment to implement a strong and continuous learning curriculum that brings out the best and most competent people to fill in the scarce skills.
About the MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) Bursaries 2022
MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) is giving out 1 000 bursary positions for a hand select number of South African individuals with academic talents. The MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) Bursaries is currently available for students who are currently in their Grade 12 education or are already pursuing their education in a Public University/University of Technology/TVET College. These bursaries are ready for student of the 2022 academic year, or for any students that is getting started with their education during the second semester of their 2021 academic year.
The MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) Bursaries is available for the study courses below:
1. Universities/Universities of Technology
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Occupational Hygiene
- Electro Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Environmental Health and Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Analytical Chemistry
- Industrial Engineering
- Occupational Medicine
- Jewelry Design Manufacturing
- Mining Engineering
2. TVET Colleges
- Instrumentation Mechanic
- Rigger Ropes Man
- Fitter and Turner
- Motor Mechanic (Diesel)
- Fitting (including Machinery)
Important Note: the MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) Bursaries is unavailable for anyone enrolling into post-graduate studies.
Awardees of the MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) Bursaries will be entitled to numerous benefits, which includes coverage for tuition costs, accommodation costs, prescribed study materials, and daily meals.
Candidates who want to apply for MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) bursaries must first ensure that they meet the necessary eligibility requirements before continuing with their applications. Each of the criteria listed below will decide whether or not you have what it takes to be considered for these bursaries in the future. Candidates are strongly encouraged to fulfill all of the criteria listed below in order to ensure a successful application. Your applications will suffer negative repercussions if you do not complete this step. Ensure that you take note of these points for your own reference.
The following are the Eligibility Criteria for the MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) Bursaries:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Preference will be offered to candidates in these categories:
- Displays impressive academic results
- Residing in rural living communities
- Requires immediate financial assistance (combined household income not more than R600 000/year)
- HDI’s candidate
- Female candidates
- Pursuing their education at a local tertiary institution.
Apply via email: [email protected] (MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) Bursaries 2022).
To get started, please download the Official Application Form.
Take a good look at the application form before you proceed to fill it in. Make sure to complete the form electronically. Do not fill in the form by hand.
Additionally, candidates are advised to complete the application form on a computer or laptop. This is because not all smartphones can accommodate the form’s PDF functionalities.
After you have filled in all of the queries, please compile the documents listed below:
- Grade 11 Results – Applicants still in High School
- Certified copy of Death Certificates (if applicable)
- Certified of copy of Grade 12 Certificate – All applicants
- Affidavit by Mother or Father if unemployed (if applicable)
- Family Income (Salary Advice – Mother, Father or Guardian – not older than 3 months)
- Affidavit by Applicant if whereabouts of Mother or Father is are unknown (if applicable)
- Certified copy of Identity Document of Parents/Guardian
- Full Academic Record – Applicant already at University or TVET College
- SASSA Confirmation letter (if applicable)
- Certified copy of Identity Document of Applicant
All these documents should not be older that 3 months. On top of that, the documents must be scanned properly and given the appropriate file names. Candidates are strictly disallowed from sending in “pictures” of their documents and uploading them onto the application.
All of these documents should be included in your applications. Incomplete applications will be declined by the selection committee.
Once you have prepared everything, please send in your applications to the email address mentioned above. Each candidates is only allowed one submission. Should you end in multiple emails, you will automatically be rejected from the registration procedure.
Applications for the MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 30 September 2021.
If you are planning to register for the programme, please send in your applications as soon as possible. An early application is usually much safer than a last-minute one. Plus, you still have some time to double check the contents of your applications.
The selection committee ha absolute zero tolerance for late submissions. Any application that is sent to the committee past the closing date, even by just a day or two, will immediately be rejected.
MQA (Mining Qualifications Authority) reserves the rights to make an appointment with any awardee or not throughout the registration process. All decision made by the selection committee are final.