About the Motsepe Foundation
The Motsepe Foundation is an organisation formed in 1999 that has committed itself to give back to their local society by providing assistance to improve higher quality of life. Started by Mr. Patric Motsepe and Dr. Precious Moloi-Motsepe, the organisation takes it time to serve relentless efforts to support people of all walks of life, ranging from unemployed youths to women, and also members of marginalised communities in South Africa. The organisation has been responsible for initiating a number of support projects that are aimed to encourage a strong sense of self-reliance as beneficiaries chase after their ambitions.
About the Motsepe Foundation Bursaries 2022
The Motsepe Foundation is offering a bursary programme for South African students who are pursuing the STEM department for the upcoming 2022 academic year. The Motsepe Foundation Bursaries is welcoming students who are studying in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics who are looking for immediate financial assistance to support their education. These also include the following fields:
- Medical Studies
If you think this is the right opportunity for you, feel free to sign up for the Motsepe Foundation Bursaries immediately.
Candidates interested in the Motsepe Foundation Bursaries must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with these bursaries. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences for the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Motsepe Foundation Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possesses a Matric qualification for the 2021 academic year
- Planning to pursue your education in either one of the study fields mentioned above for the 2022 academic year
- Must be accepted into a tertiary institution for the 2022 academic year
- Has obtained at least an average aggregate score of at least 70% for their Matric qualification (does not include Life Orientation or second language)
- Displays the need to obtain immediate financial assistance.
2. Required Residences
- Limpopo: Capricorn, Mopani, Sekhukhune or Vhembe
- Gauteng: Ekurhuleni, Joburg, Sedibeng or Tshwane
- Northern Cape: Frances Baard or John Taolo
- North West: Bojanala, Madibeng or Mmakau
- Free State: Mangaung or Thabo Mofutsanyana
- Mpumalanga: Bushbuckridge, KwaMhlanga or Mbombela
- Western Cape: Khayelistha or Mitchells Plan
- KwaZulu-Natal: eThekwini, King Cetshwayo or uMgungundlovu
- Eastern Cape: Buffalo City, Nelson Mandela Bay or OR Tambo
Apply via email: [email protected] (Motsepe Foundation Bursaries 2022).
Candidates will need to prepare the following documents in their applications:
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- A certified copy of your most recent Matric results slip
- Legitimate proof of university acceptance (available on the institution’s letterhead)
- Legitimate proof of residence
- Proof of income from parents or guardians (Most recent payslips or employment letter if parents are employed. However, if parents are unemployed or self-employed, please provide an affidavit. Alternatively, you can send in your most recent bank statements (must not exceed more than 3 months with a proper signature and stamped letter issued by the Department of Social Services).
Please be kindly informed that there is no application form that you will need to fill in. All you have to do is provide the documents mentioned above and compile them into one dossier.
Once everything is all set, please send them to the email address mentioned above. Make sure to type in the words “Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application” into the Email Subject Line. This will help you prevent the selection committee from missing out on your applications.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates are required to submit their applications via the email provided above. Attempts to submit materials via other means, such as hand delivery or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the Motsepe Foundation Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 13 October 2021.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. However, this does not guarantee instant success and is just intended to provide you with a secure position throughout the recruiting process.
Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered by the selection committee. All entries received after the deadline will be immediately rejected, regardless of their content.
Motsepe Foundation has the right to offer or deny employment to anybody at its discretion. The selecting committee’s judgments are final and binding on all parties involved.