About the Maize Trust
Maize Trust is an organisation that formed in 1998 that has dedicated its efforts to promoting the diverse maize industry in South Africa. Providing immense financial support for relevant institutions and production relation research, the trust has strived to create seamless access to market information that helps to uplift the maize industry.
About the Maize Trust Bursaries 2022
Maize Trust is offering bursary programmes for applicants who are planning to pursue Masters and Doctoral qualifications focusing on the local Maize sector. The Maize Trust Bursaries is available for anybody who’s planning to start their studies for the 2022 academic year.
Maize Trust Bursaries applicants must be pursuing either one of the studies below:
- Plant Breeding
- Soil Microbiology
- Plant Nematology
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Plant Biochemistry
- Precision Agriculture
- Pasture Science
- Plant Pathology
- Agricultural Economics
- Seed Applied Technologies
- Weed Science
- Food Sciences (related to crop industry)
- Agricultural Engineering
- Plant Virology
- Demand Planner
- Plant Entomology
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Physiology
- Livestock Science
- Data Science
- Soil Science
- Conservation Agriculture
- Agricultural Writers
Awardees of the bursary will be eligible for the funding below:
- MSc/Masters by Dissertation qualification: R95 000/year funding (2 years)
- PhD/Doctoral Research qualification: R125 000/year (3 years).
Upon successful completion of their studies, you will be required to work for the South African Maize indsutry.
Make sure to submit your application for the Maize Trust Bursaries as soon as possible. However, you must first check the program’s eligibility conditions. These variables will determine whether or not you are a suitable candidate. Please review the qualifying conditions given below if you want to double-check your credentials. If you want to improve your chances of success, try to complete everything on the following list.
The Maize Trust Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Has successful accomplished their Matric qualification
- Pursuing a full-time education in their preferred study course
- Must be enrolled for a Masters by Dissertation or Doctoral qualification
- Pursuing their education in an accredited institution that has been approved by the bursary programme
- Must not be receiving any other forms of financial assistance
- Plans to write up a dissertation or these on the approved topic
- Prepared to work for the Maize industry upon successful completion of your studies.
Apply online: Maize Trust Bursaries 2022.
In order to visit the web site indicated above, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your browser.
Candidates are required to skim through the queries before filling in the boxes with their personal information. Make sure the data you provide correctly represents your current conditions.
Additionally, you will need to upload the following documents:
- A certified copy of your Identity Document/Passport (does not exceed more than 3 months)
- An ID photo of yourself (must be in colour)
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae
- Legitimate proof of registration into your preferred tertiary institution as well as your fee statements (must be available on the institution’s letterhead)
- Complete details regarding your proposed research work, which must have your research title, a comprehensive description of your research as well as a gantt chart
- A letter of motivation that explains your academic skills, why you need immediate financial skills, and goals for your career.
Your applications will be examined by the entire selection committee, which will include you, and the information you supply will be kept confidential. As a result, you should do a thorough check to guarantee that there is no fake information included. Candidates may be placed in a potentially hazardous situation if there is proof that they are providing misleading information.
The selection committee will use the information you provide to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are giving the committee permission to use your personal information for this reason.
It is necessary for candidates to submit their applications through the website listed above. Attempts to submit materials by other means, such as by hand delivery or fax, will be denied by the committee evaluating the application.
Applications for the Maize Trust Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 30 September 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates, in which they will be required to be a part of interviews conducted through telephone. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 8 weeks past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the programme.
Maize Trust reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.