About Life Healthcare
Life Healthcare is a hospital and health care establishment that is responsible for uplifting South Africa’s health care sector. Specializing in acute hospital care, the establishment has branched out to more than 63 healthcare facilities under their name. As one of the first hospital groups to have received an ISO 9001 certification, Life Healthcare is dedicated to providing world-class facilities that meet the needs of the general public. By dedicating their time into improving the quality of life and service, Life Healthcare is on the front lines of healthcare within the southern African region.
About the Life Healthcare Pharmacist Assistant Learnership 2024-2025
Life Healthcare is offering a Pharmacist Assistant Learnership for interested South African unemployed individuals who are looking for a solid work foundation. With the partnership of HWSETA, the Life Healthcare Pharmacist Assistant Learnership is a remarkable opportunity that gets you a better look into the inner workings of this particular career. The chosen candidate will receive a HWSETA grant, which includes coverage for the course fee and provides a stipend during their 12-month employment at Life St George’s Hospital Pharmacy.
As a learner, you will be entrusted with the following tasks and duties:
- Tending to medication supplies required in wards
- Managing all pharmaceuticals in hospital settings
- Overseeing the ethical and surgical inventory
- Managing dead stock in hospitals
- Checking all stock-takes and variances
- Tending to patient credits
- Filling in the emergency cupboards
- Unloading all stocks
- Checking expiration dates and invoices of available stock
- Following all of the security protocols
- Adhering to ethical and professional qualities.
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to sign up for the Life Healthcare Pharmacist Assistant Learnership.
Candidates interested in the Life Healthcare Pharmacist Assistant Learnership must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Life Healthcare Pharmacist Assistant Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Provide a certified copy of your matric certificate.
- Prospective learners are required to undergo an arithmetic and literacy assessment, achieving a minimum score of 85%, to be eligible for enrollment.
- Demonstrate successful completion of Maths/Maths Lit and Science/Life Science.
- Be currently without employment.
- Hail from a background previously disadvantaged.
- Gain an advantage through computer literacy.
- Display high motivation, enthusiasm, and the ability to collaborate effectively in a team for the ideal candidate.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving, analysis, and judgment skills.
- Exhibit resilience in the face of challenges.
- Actively engage with and appreciate diversity.
- Enhance verbal and written communication and presentation abilities.
- Take a proactive stance with an action-oriented approach.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships effectively.
- Respond to customer needs with attentiveness and promptness.
- Develop organizational awareness for a comprehensive understanding.
- Uphold an orientation toward excellence in all endeavors.
- Exhibit ethical behavior in all professional interactions.
Download external employment application form: Life Healthcare Pharmacist Assistant Learnership 2024-2025.
Download the application form and fill in the queries with personal details that accurately represents your current conditions. Before answering the questions, it’s recommended that you skim through all of the questions.
Once the application form is filled in, please send them to the provided email address: [email protected]
Internal candidates are more than encouraged to apply for the opportunity. Before you do so, please consult with your line manager regarding your application.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the email provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Life Healthcare Pharmacist Assistant Learnership must be submitted before the closing date on Sunday, 31 December 2023.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within 2 weeks past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the programme.
Life Healthcare reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.