About the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health is governmental establishment that strives to provide accessible and sustainable healthcare systems in the area. Dealing heavily with health of their citizens, the department commits themselves to creating a comprehensive system that is based on professionalism, innovation, and integrity. The department makes use of their Primary Health Care approach, which is further supervised under the District Health System. This way, all members of the KwaZulu-Natal society are able to receive their much needed healthcare.
About the KZN Dept of Health Nurse Training 2023
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health is offering nurse training programmes for medical professionals who would like to earn their NQF Level 6 qualification. Also referred to as the Diploma in Nursing Programme, this is a remarkable opportunity for future nurses to develop their knowledge and capabilities in the field of general nursing. Over the course of 3 years, selected nurses will dive deeper into the Primary Health Care (PHC) approach and demonstrate what it takes to be a competent, reliable nurse.
During the KZN Dept of Health Nurse Training 2023 programme, nurses will attain new insight onto through its core competencies. The things you will study more includes health promotion, improvement on healthcare systems, treatments for physical and psychosocial health matters, rehabilitation, and disease prevention. It is expected that all selected nurses can display their potential and contribute greatly to the opportunity.
Note: please take note of the KZN Dept of Health Nurse Training 2023’s reference number for future use: Reference No. KZNCN 1/2022.
Candidates who wish to apply for the KZN Dept of Health Nurse Training 2023 must fulfill a set of requirements beforehand. Each of these items will determine whether you are qualified enough for the programme. Failure to meet all of these criteria will get you disqualified from the applications. Be sure to jot down everything below.
The KZN Dept of Health Nurse Training 2023 Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Holds a National Senior Certificate: Diploma
- Scored at least 25 points
- Home Language/First Additional Language L3
- Life Science/Physical Science L4
- Life Orientation L4 (will not be scored)
- English L4
- Maths L3/Maths Literacy L5
- Any other 2 subjects.
Apply online: KZN Dept of Health Nurse Training 2023.
Applications must be done online through the KZN College of Nursing Website. Candidates are required to create a profile that will store all of your personal information. Do not leave any queries behind or falsify any aspects of the profile. If you are found to be misrepresenting any information, you will have your registration revoked.
Additionally, candidates must upload these following documents below:
- A valid copy of your Matric certificate
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
- Legitimate proof of your current residence or an affidavit.
Once you have provided everything, simply click on the “Apply Now” Button to wrap up your registration. The button is located on the Student Details Page.
- All of the provided documents will be subjected to further verification
- Dossiers will missing documents will not be tolerated by the committee.
- Documents that are certified must not exceed for more than 6 months
- Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates
- Applications submitted through e-mail or fax will not be regarded by the selection committee.
Candidates must send in their applications for the KZN Dept of Health Nurse Training 2023 before its closing date on 31 August 2022.
To prevent any disruptions that may occur, it is highly encouraged that you start preparing your application dossiers way before the deadline. This is to avoid any heavy online traffic that may occur during last-minute applications. If you feel that this programme is suitable for you, send in your applications now.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Employer
The KZN Dept of Health strongly regards themselves as an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Employer. As a believer in diversity, the department welcomes people of all demographic groups to participate in their opportunities. By promoting representivity within the workplace, the department can better serve more members of society.
Should you come across any troubles with your applications, do not hesitate to reach out to either one of these contact persons below:
1. Nurse Training Application Assistance
- E-mail address: [email protected]
- Telephone number: +27 33 264 7821
2. Technical System Assistance
- E-mail address: [email protected]
- Telephone Number: +27 33 940 2668