About the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs is a governmental body of authority that strives to put in strategies that create an efficient pool for investment and become a leaders in the field of national economic growth. The department has a long history of facilitating economic initiatives and supporting an increase of job opportunities. On top of that, the department makes sure that they have a vibrant tourism sector in South Africa to attract both domestic and international tourists to visit their country. By putting all these missions together, the department is positive about achieving high performance through their efforts for the nation.
About the Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs Bursary 2021
The Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs is offering financial assistance to talented students in the province. The Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs Bursary is a fantastic opportunity for students who require urgent assistance with their study fees. Interested candidates of the programme will be required to display remarkable academic potential as well as impressive leadership skills to balance it. The department hopes that with this bursary initiative, young citizens are even more motivated to achieve their best and become positive contributors of South Africa in the future.
The Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs Bursary is currently provided only towards Aeronautical Graduates who have pursued the an education in either Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering. The bursary’s designated demographic is in line with the department’s missions to develop their Durban Aerotropolis plan, which will take place in the province’s King Shaka International Airport. Each year, the department awards six (6) bursary schemes to Grade 12 students who are residents of the KwaZulu-Natal province. At the moment, the bursary is only offered to recognized students of Wits University or the University of Pretoria for the upcoming 2021 learning year. Preference will be offered to students who have a background of becoming a Previously Disadvantaged Individual.
Awardees of the Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs Bursary will be entitled to generous benefits. Bursars will receive coverage for tuition expenses, prescribed study materials, accommodation costs, daily meals, and a stipend. Bursars have the option of renewing their financial assistance. However, this is provided that the awardee can maintain an impressive academic track record throughout their learning journey in university.
Interested candidates of the Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs Bursary must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with the registration. Each of these items below will determine whether you are qualified enough for the financial assistance or not. To guarantee an accepted application, it is suggested that you meet all these requirements below. Failure to do so might get you disqualified from the programme. Be sure to pay attention to everything in this list so that you don’t miss out on any qualification.
The Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognized as a legitimate citizen of South Africa
- Between 15-34 years old during the time of the bursary
- An official resident of the KwaZulu-Natal province
- Originating from a disadvantaged background or community (from rural areas)
- Admitted into Wits University or the University of Pretoria
- Be prepared to pursue a study in the Aeronautical Engineering field.
2. Other Requirements
- A filled in application form with correct, personal details
- Valid proof of residence in KwaZulu-Natal (e.g. electricity, water, rates statements)
- Academic report transcripts from Grade 11 end-of-year studies and Grade 12
- Legitimate copy of your parents/guardians’ Identity Card
- Legitimate letter of acceptance issued by Wits University or the University of Pretoria
- Valid statement of parents/guardians’ household income (e.g. salary paychecks, statements issued by the bank, etc)
- If your parents are unemployed, please submit an official statement letter issued by the Department of Labour
- A concise letter of motivation explaining why the candidates deserves the bursary scheme.
Download application form: Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs Bursary 2021.
Please fill in the application form with only correct, details. Make sure that you only provide information that the application form requires. Candidates discovered to be misrepresenting their current conditions in the application form will automatically be disqualified from the registration process.
In addition to the application form, candidates are required to attach several important documents to support their registration:
- A valid, certified copy of your Identity Document or Birth Certificate
- A valid, certified copy of your Grade 11 final academic report
- A valid, certified copy of your most recent Matric academic report
- Valid, certified copies of your parents’ or guardians’ Identity Documents
- Valid proof of your parents’ or guardians’ household income or statement of expenses (e.g. paychecks or issued bank statements)
- Valid affidavits (if parents are unemployed)
- Valid, certified death certificates (if parents are deceased)
- Legitimate proof of residence in the KwaZulu-Natal province (e.g. taxes, rates, water statements)
- Valid proof of university acceptance letter issued by Wits University or the
- University of Pretoria
- A brief letter of motivation explaining why you deserve the bursary programme
- A fully-written outline of the university fees issued by your respective tertiary institution
- A valid copy of your study course’s education curriculum (with the subjects and years of completion)
- A detailed study plan on how you aim to finished your qualification during the allotted bursary time period.
All these documents should be included in your application dossier. Any missing documents might cause disadvantageous consequences towards your applications and will possibly revoke your registration rights. Make sure you double check everything before submitting.
Once everything is clear, please send in your applications through either one of these following methods:
Attention: Aeronautical Engineering-Bursary Programme Ms C. Singh
Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs,
Private Bag X 9152,
Attention: Aeronautical Engineering-Bursary Programme Ms C. Singh
Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, 270 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Pietermaritzburg 3201.
Applications for the Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 28 February 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Candidates found to be sending in their applications past the deadline will not be recognized by the selection committee.
Since there is much ample time left, it is highly recommended that you begin filling in the application form and compiling your documents. This will give you more than enough time to get things sorted out without waiting at the last minute.
Should you have any further enquiries or concerns regarding the Kwazulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs Bursary, do not hesitate to reach out to the contact person below:
Contact Person: Mr Mfanafuthi Sikhakhane
Telephone Number: +27 33 264 2635
Cellphone Number: +27 76 928 0686