About the Khulisa Academy
The Khulisa Academy is a training academy that’s formed on the basis as a High-Performance Computing (HPC) institution. Formed to cater to Previously Disadvantaged Students, the institution has a strong focus towards improving IT capabilities. This is done through facilitating a two-year training programme that’s meant to stretch the talents of their participants.
The Khulisa Academy has always been a crucial player in alleviating the need for more scarce skills in the country. By giving South African youths the resources needed to upgrade themselves, the academy can help to nurture these talents and make sure they are well-prepared to go into the real working world. Students of the Khulisa Academy are instilled with an entrepreneurial spirit and an increased level of employment.
About the Khulisa Academy Bursary 2022
The Khulisa Academy is offering a 2-year bursary programme for candidates who are passionate about pursuing their studies in High Performance Computing (HPC). The Khulisa Academy Bursary is a great opportunity for candidates who wish to utilise their computing skills and apply them within the fields of Engineering, Business or Science. With this bursary in action, the committee hopes they are able to uplift talented and academically-motivated students to do their best and become positive contributors of society in the future.
Make sure to send in your application as soon as possible. But first and foremost, you must review the program’s qualifying requirements. These factors will decide whether or not you would be a good candidate. If you’d like to double-check your credentials, please see the qualifying requirements listed below. If you want to increase your chances of success, it’s best if you can fulfill everything on the following list.
The Khulisa Academy Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Has obtained at least a 60% average aggregate for the subjects of English, Physical Science, Pure Mathematics, and IT-relevant courses
- Currently between the ages of 18-25 (if you have a disability, between the ages of 18-30)
- Has a passion for High-Performance Computing or IT
- Planning to pursue their studies at Khulisa Academy in Joburg
- Be a candidate under the Employment Equity (EE) policy – preference is offered to candidates who are females
- Must not have been a full-time or part-time employee
- Must not be receiving another form of bursary or scholarship.
2. Personal Attributes
- Displays impressive communication abilities
- Prepared to work under pressure
- Has good interpersonal abilities
- Shows a high level of self-motivation
- Prepared to participate in mandatory psychometric assessments
- And work and deal with much ambiguity
- Willing to keep a calm composure
- Takes action well when required
- Is a highly informative person
- Prepared to be a critical thinker
- Displays a high level of patience.
Apply via email: [email protected] (Khulisa Academy Bursary 2022).
First off, candidates must download the Official Bursary Application Form. Once you have the application form, please skim through the instructions before filling it in with your answers.
In addition to your application form, you will need to attach the documents below:
- An updated CV
- If your parents or guardians are unemployed – a sworn affidavit signed by the unemployed person before a
- A certified copy of your South African ID document or passport, statement or sworn affidavit indicating estimated gross monthly income
- If your parents or guardians are employed – provide the most recent pay slip for each person, giving full details of gross payments
- If your parents or guardians are deceased or divorced – provide a copy of death certificate or divorce decree
- A recent ID photograph of yourself
- A certified copy of your latest examination results and academic transcript income and all other benefits
- A certified copy of your matric certificate if you completed
- If either of your parents or guardians are pensioners – a certified copy of their pension slip must be provided commissioner of oaths proving unemployment must be provided
- If either of your parents or guardians work in the informal sector or own any business – provide an audited financial.
All these documents should be included in your application dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will automatically be disqualified from the programme.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the email address provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Khulisa Academy Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 29 October 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications.
Khulisa Academy reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.