The Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa (IMESA) is a platform which provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and viewpoints on all aspects of municipal engineering with the goal of expanding knowledge and best practices in all Local Government municipalities. Since its modest origins in 1961, IMESA has grown to represent over a thousand individual members and a multitude of businesses engaged in the fields of municipal engineering and the built environment, as well as many Southern African nations, among them South Africa, Namibia, and Zambia.
About the IMESA (Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa) Bursaries 2022
IMESA (Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa) is offering financial assistance for South African students who are pursuing Civil Engineering. This program, run by the IMESA (Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa), is open to individuals from all walks of life and comes from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds. As an awardee, you will get all of the assistance you need to complete your academic degree or certificate program successfully. If you have consistently achieved high academic results while also demonstrating important characteristics as a student, you are strongly urged to apply for this position. For the time being, bursaries are available to both non-IMESAE members (Bursary Scheme A) and IMESA members (Bursary Scheme B) (Bursary Scheme B). Recipients of the bursary will be eligible for financial assistance to pay their tuition costs as well as the cost of specified study materials.
IMESA (Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa) Bursaries are available to students who meet certain requirements. Do you believe you meet these requirements? Make sure to send in your application as soon as possible after receiving it! But first and foremost, you must review the qualifying requirements for the program. These factors will decide whether or not you would be an excellent candidate. If you’d like to double-check your credentials, be sure to review the qualifying requirements listed below. If you want to increase your chances of success, it’s best if you can make it to all of the appointments on the following schedule.
The IMESA (Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa) Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. General Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Finished their Matric certification
- Pursuing a full-time education towards a Civil Engineering Degree (or any other qualification recognised by the IMESA Executive Council).
2. Bursary Scheme A
- Must be studying in an accredited institution in South Africa
- Has finished their mid year exams with flying colours
- Currently about to entre their 2nd year of studies in 2022
- Proven to show immediate need for financial assistance.
3. Bursary Scheme B
- Displays a strong academic track record
- Currently recognised as a dependent of IMESA (been a dependent for a minimum of 3 years).
Download the application forms:
- IMESA (Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa) Bursaries 2022 – Bursary Scheme A (for non-members)
- IMESA (Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa) Bursaries 2022 – Bursary Scheme B (for dependents of members).
Please download either one of the application forms that resonate well with you. Once you have the form ready, fill them in with the required information. Be sure to read the application form instructions before writing anything down.
Additionally, you will need to compile the documents below:
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- A letter declaring that you’re accepting forms of bursary funding at the moment
- Any available, undersigned statements that indicate your current academic progress during the 1st year or your Matric education (must be issued by your University or School)
- Proof of your monthly income (from your parents or guardians), as well as your current financial situation (e.g. an official affidavit)
- A certified copy of your mid-year examination results slip.
All these documents should be included in your application dossier. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection committee.
Once you have everything in, please indicate what bursary you’re applying for by writing down “Bursary Scheme A” or “Bursary Scheme B”.
Afterward, please send in your applications through either one of the methods below:
Email Address: [email protected]
PO Box 2190
Fax Number: +27 31 266 5094
By submitting your application, you are granting the selection committee permission to use your personal information for registration purposes.
To verify the authenticity of applicants, applications will be submitted to further assessment and screening processes. Anyone caught misrepresenting any part of their application would be barred from participating in the registration period.
Candidates must submit their applications via the above-mentioned site. Other means of submission, such as personal delivery or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the IMESA (Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa) Bursaries 2022 must be submitted before the closing date on 15 September 2021.
It is possible to guarantee that your application is protected as soon as possible by registering as soon as feasible. However, this does not guarantee immediate success and is just designed to give you with a stable position during the recruitment process.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted by the selection committee. Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered. All submissions submitted after the deadline, regardless of their substance, will be discarded without further consideration.
IMESA (Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa) retains the right to offer or refuse employment to anybody at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. The decisions of the choosing committee are final and binding on all parties engaged in the process.