Huawei is a global company that has revolutionized the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) on an international scale. The company specializes in an array of services that deal with IT, cloud services, telecom networks, and smart devices. Having established a strong portfolio, Huawei ensures security and value with their technological products. These consist of end-to-end solutions that give them a competitive edge in the market. Decades of experience in the sector have allowed the company bring innovation onto the table. Inspired by the diverse needs of their customers, Huawei utilizes strong research to create breakthroughs that positively impact the world.
Huawei has expanded their international presence in over 170 nations and regions, including South Africa. Huawei South Africa has greatly contributed to the nation’s need for quality devices. Ranging from smartphones to home internet services, Huawei South Africa facilitates its citizens by enhancing their lifestyles. As a result, the branch has dedicated a huge portion of their time and energy into developing the country by using their technological abilities. Whatever the sector may be, Huawei South Africa finds a way on improving these sectors for the better.
About the Huawei Bursary Programme 2021
Huawei is offering a bursary programme for well-deserving South African individuals who require financial assistance to advance their tertiary education. The Huawei Bursary is a wonderful opportunity for passionate students who recognize the importance of academic success. At the moment, it is only offered exclusively for registered students from the University of Pretoria. Candidates should have plans of pursuing their education during the 2021 academic year.
The Huawei Bursary is opening up submissions for the following candidates:
- 1st-3rd year students pursuing their education in the University of Pretoria
- Undergraduate students in their final year who are planning to pursue a Hons/Masters education
- Current Hons students in the University of Pretoria who are planning to pursued their Masters education
- Registering students of the University of Pretoria who will be studying for a Hons/Masters education.
Awardees of the Huawei Bursary are expected to maintain an excellent academic track record throughout their study years. Additionally, the selection committee will also be keeping an eye out on candidates who possess impressive personal attributes. Once students are finished with their education, awardees are expected to participate in an obligatory 12-month Graduate Programme contract that will require them to work for Huawei Technologies.
The Huawei Bursary is only offered for the following study courses:
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
Interested students of the University of Pretoria are more than welcome to give the Huawei Bursary a shot. However, due to the competitive nature of the bursary, candidates must fulfill a set of eligibility criteria to proceed. Each of these criteria below will determine whether you are an ideal awardee or not. Failure to meet every one of these requirements will put you in a risky position during the registration procedure. Be sure to jot down all these items below.
The Huawei Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Possess an average aggregate score of 70% for their June/July 2020 examinations
- Recognized as an Equity candidate (e.g. Black, Colored, and Indian students)
- Pursuing any one of the aforementioned study fields
- Must not be under any bursary programme (unless if it’s the Merit Undergrad Award, or the UP Postgraduate Award).
Download the application form: Huawei Bursary 2021.
Once you have acquired the application form, make sure that you read through all the instructions correctly. Candidates must provide their personal details and other required information on the form. All information should be accurate and reflect their current conditions. Candidates discovered to be falsifying their applications will be automatically disqualified from the registration process.
In addition to the application form, candidates must send in these following documents in this specific order:
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- A certified copy of your academic transcripts (from undergrad studies to most recent studies)
- A legitimate proof of 2020 registration into the University of Pretoria (if you have registered in 2020)
- A legitimate proof of 2021 application into the University of Pretoria (if you are a Hons/Master student studying in 2021)
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae (does not exceed 2 pages).
All documents must be included in the application dossier. Failure to provide all documents will result in immediate rejection of your applications.
Once you have completed your applications for the Huawei Bursary, you can either hand deliver them or have it sent via e-mail.
Post Graduate Scholarship Office
Graduate Centre-West Entrance
Office No 1-55
University of Pretoria
Cnr Lynnwood Road & Roper Street
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Note: e-mailed applications must be sent as a single PDF document.
Applications for the Huawei Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 13 November 2020.
If you feel this opportunity is most suitable for you, we highly encourage you to process your registrations as soon as possible.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you have been accepted by the Huawei Bursary, please anticipate an interview held by the selection panel.
- Awarded students will only receive their funds provided that they provide their proof of 2021 registration in the courses mentioned above
- All proofs should you be delivered to the Postgraduate Scholarship Office of the University of Pretoria at the very latest by 11 February 2021
- Awardees are required to pursue their full-time studies and remain in the University of Pretoria
- Selected candidates of the Huawei Bursary must sign a Bursary Agreement that will bind them together with Huawei Technologies Africa
- Awardees who fail to comply with the responsibilities of the Huawei Bursary will have their financial assistance withdrawn
- Awardees of the bursary who decided to not accept the bursary must directly refer to the Postgraduate Scholarship Office of the University of Pretoria to give them a notice
- Withdrawal of bursary should be in written form and summitted within ten (10) working days of receipt – failure to meet this deadline will automatically result in you being tied to the existing Bursary Agreement.