Hortgro provides the assistance that the farmer of deciduous fruit needs to be successful in an environment that is internationally competitive. Their goal is to foster an atmosphere that will improve fairness, sustainability, profitability, and competitiveness, and this will be their primary focus.
Their origins may be traced all the way back to the spring of 1652, when the Dutch East India Company established a refreshment station at the Cape of Good Hope for the benefit of its passing ships. In order to provide ships with access to fresh produce, deciduous fruit trees were planted. On April 17, 1662, the first two apples to ripen at the Cape, Wittewijn Appels, were collected for the first time. After it came pears and stone fruits. Small farmers gradually began experimenting with different top fruit crops and selling their goods to passing ships as the practice became more widespread.
About the Hortgro Bursaries 2024
Hortgro is offering financial assistance for bright-minded and talented students who are pursuing study fields relevant to the professional agriculture sector. The Hortgro Bursaries are an all-inclusive initiative that encourages applicants from a wide range of diverse demographics and life experiences. If you are selected as a recipient of the prize, you will get the assistance you need to pursue the academic qualification you want. You are strongly urged to take advantage of this chance if you have achieved outstanding success in your academic pursuits and have shown other admirable characteristics as a student.
The Hortgro Bursaries is available for the following fields:
- Soil and Water Science
- Project Management
- Marketing Specialist
- Agricultural Science
- Plant Pathology
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Horticulture (Production/Post Harvest)
The Hortgro Bursaries offers coverage for items like tuition expenses (only up to a certain cost), on-campus accommodation costs, prescribed study materials (only up to a certain cost).
Candidates have the option to renew their bursary provided they show impressive academic progress and performance.
Make sure to send in your application for the Hortgro Bursaries as soon as possible. But first and foremost, you must review the program’s qualifying requirements. These factors will decide whether or not you would be a good candidate. If you’d like to double-check your credentials, please see the qualifying requirements listed below. If you want to increase your chances of success, it’s best if you can fulfill everything on the following list.
The Hortgro Bursaries Eligibliity Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Finished your Matric qualification or currently pursuing your Matric qualification
- Currently studying or planning to pursue your studies in a qualification in one of the fields above for the 2024 academic year
- Pursuing your studies or currently registered to pursue your studies in an accredited South African tertiary institution
- Fulfill the admission requirements in your preferred course of study.
Apply online: Hortgro Bursaries 2024.
Once you have downloaded the application form, please fill out the application form with your most relevant responses. All of the personal information you submit should be accurate and correspond to your actual circumstances.
Additionally, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Submit a certified copy of your ID document or both sides of your ID Card
- If you have completed Matric, include a certified copy of your Matric certificate
- If you are currently in Matric, provide certified copies of your latest Matric results
- If you are at the tertiary level, include a certified copy of your latest academic record
- Provide proof of your tertiary registration on official tertiary letterhead
- Submit an estimated breakdown of your study fees, including tuition, books, and accommodation
- Include certified copies of your parents/guardians’ ID document
- Provide proof of your parents/guardians’ income, such as their latest payslips if employed or an affidavit if unemployed
- If you are receiving any other financial assistance, bursaries, or loans, provide proof of these
- Write an essay in your own handwriting, containing details about yourself, your career plans, your vision for the agricultural environment in the future, and why you should be awarded the bursary. This should be filled in on the application form
- Provide contact information for two references who can be contacted.
All these documents should be included in your application dossier. Incomplete documents will not be considered for the bursary.
Alternatively, you can send in your applications to this email address: [email protected]
Alternatively, you can send your email application using your handphone, since it is much more practical than applying via computer. If you are using an OS Android handphone, you can use your Gmail app to send the emails and any CVs/files that needs to be attached.
The information you provide will be reviewed by the whole selection committee, which will include you. As a result, you should double-check to ensure that there is no fictitious information. If there is any evidence that applicants are giving false information, they may be placed in a hazardous position.
By submitting your applications, you are granting permission to the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event.
Candidates are required to submit their applications via the website linked to above. Attempts to submit materials via other means, such as hand delivery or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the Hortgro Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 15 August 2023.
Be sure to send in your applications as soon as possible. An early submission can help you guarantee a spot during the registration period. Plus, it prevents any unwanted last-minute incidents, like sudden heavy Internet traffic or missing documents.
Applications for the programme must be submitted before the closing date. Late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee, and these kinds of submissions will be disqualified by the programme.
Hortgro holds all rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.