About Harmony Gold
Harmony Gold is a South African company that specializing in the exploration and mining of gold minerals. Based in Randfontein, the company has its own network of international operations in Papua New Guinea as well. Harmony Gold has acquired more than 69 years of professional experience dealing with the procurement of gold products. Besides mining, the company has a high level of expertise when it comes to marketing their gold to other industries. As of 2019, the company has reached a massive revenue of R17.1 billion. In addition, the establishment has gained its spot on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, as well as the New York Stock Exchange.
Harmony Gold is home to a number of underground operations in South Africa. Their acclaimed operation are based within the highly sought after Witwatersrand Basin. A good portion of these mines are located across West Rand, Klerksdorp, and the Free State. Wherever employees are positioned, everyone’s safety is constantly ensured. The hazardous nature of underground work can be overwhelming from time to time. However, as a strong team Harmony Gold strives for a working environment that supports their employees welfare and overall success.
About the Harmony Gold – Engineering Artisan Learnership 2022-2023
Harmony Gold is providing learnerships for South African individuals who wish to develop a solid future career path within the field of Engineering Artisan. The Harmony Gold – Engineering Artisan Learnership, based in the Masimong Mine operation, is an eye-opening opportunity for hard working learners passionate about the world of mining and minerals.
As a learner, you will be required to attain theoretical knowledge regarding the industry’s line of work. This will be followed by practical sessions that will take place under a real-time working environment. With the help of senior experts, you will be guided along the way and work your way through the learnership.
- Participate in all training sessions provided by the programme
- Be proactive with your own learning progress
- Take the trade test relevant to your field and pass it with flying colors
- Be responsible over your own transporation to the training center and mining plants
- Follow the company’s rules and regulations.
The Harmony Gold – Engineering Artisan Learnership requires all interested candidates to pass an eligibility criteria. This list of items will be used by the selection committee to carefully decide who is well-deserving enough of this learnership. If you wish to guarantee a successful applications, it is encouraged that you meet all these qualifications below. Failure to do so might cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications.
The Harmony Gold – Engineering Artisan Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Possesses a complete N2 Qualification/Technical Grade 12 Certificate in the trade theory relevant to the line of work
- Owns an Engineering Drawing qualification that is in line with the learnership field/trade
- Has a complete N3 qualification in the field of Instrumentation with subjects related to the matter
- Possesses prior working experience as an Engineering Assistant for at least 2 years
- Proven to be physically and medically healthy for the learnership
- Must be prepared to participate in the Psychometric Assessments
- Works hard to achieve their set goals
- Advantageous: has prior working experience as a Previous Service Person or Section Artisan.
Apply via e-mail: [email protected] (Harmony Gold – Engineering Artisan Learnership 2022-2023).
Make sure that you submit your most updated Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents to the e-mail above. Do not forget to indicate the Contact Person and Designation in your e-mail.
- Contact Person: Monde Breakfast
- Designation: Skills Development Facilitator
Your Curriculum Vitae should highlight all of your strengths, skills, and prior working experiences. It should contain your correct contact information as well. This way, the selection committee will have an easier time getting back to your regarding your applications.
Applications for the Harmony Gold – Engineering Artisan Learnership must be submitted before the closing date on 10 October 2022.
The selection committee will automatically disqualify any applications sent past the closing date. It is highly encouraged that all candidates start preparing their applications as soon as possible.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back within 7 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that your application has not been accepted by the selection committee.
Harmony Gold has been noticing a spike in false advertisements that are misusing the good name of the company. These scams will ask unsuspecting employment seekers for money in exchange for a guaranteed position in the learnership or company.
Please be kindly advised that the company does not condone these false advertisements. If you happen to find any of these scams lurking around social media, text messages, or other platforms, do not hesitate to report these to the South African Police Service. You may also give the company’s anonymous toll-free number a call: +27 80 020 4256.