About the Gauteng City Region Academy (GRCA)
The Gauteng City Region Academy, or simply referred to as the GRCA, is an institution that is established by the Gauteng Department of Education. Recognizing the importance of skills development amongst local youths, the department strives to create several programmes that greatly benefits students in the area. Some of efforts that have already been taken includes creating an effective school environment, partnering up with stakeholders who believe in education, and providing training opportunities. Through this, the Gauteng Department of Education believes that they can achieve not just bright students, but also contributing members of their society.
About the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) 2020: Second Round Bursary
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is opening up a second round of bursary applications for students requiring assistance to pursue their education. The bursary scheme is an initiative to provide support for academically talented students originating from underprivileged groups. The selection committee is allocating this bursary scheme specifically for candidates who are recognized as:
- Learners who have finished their Matric qualifications and proven to be residents of Gauteng
- Learners who are currently pursuing or are planning to enroll in a recognized South African institution (Universities/Universities of Technology/TVETs)
- Learners who are planning to study towards a Post-Graduate qualification and has already been enrolled into a recognized South African institution.
As of 28 September 2020, the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) 2020: Second Round Bursary has officially welcomed students to send in applications. If this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, do not hesitate to register!
Candidates interested in the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) 2020: Second Round Bursary must fulfill a few basic requirements before applying. Each of these items will determine whether your applications will be accepted or not. Additionally, this is to ensure that the bursary is awarded to well-deserving individuals. Not meeting these criteria will get you disqualified from the bursary applications.
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) 2020: Second Round Bursary Eligibility Criteria are:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- A current resident in the Gauteng area
- Between 18 to 34 years old
2. Qualified Applicants
- Top-ranked students studying in Gauteng schools
- Top 3 students studying in non-paying Gauteng schools (exempted from fees)
- Top 3 students from LSEN schools in Gauteng (Learners with Special Education Needs)
Apply online: Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) 2020: Second Round Bursary.
Please fill in the application form with accurate, personal details. Candidates discovered to be misrepresenting any information that is provided will have their registration rights revoked from the programme.
Additionally, candidates are required to send in these following documents as well:
- A valid copy of your South African Identity Document (indicating you are a citizen by birth)
- Legitimate proof of residing in the Gauteng area
- Your certified Matric qualification
- Legitimate proof of parents’ or guardians’ household income
- Alternatively, an affidavit may suffice as well
- A brief letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages)
- A valid letter of acceptance or proof of registration issued by an accredited PSET Institution
- Any available medical or disability reports.
All documents must be included in the submitted dosser. Candidates discovered to be sending in incomplete application dossiers will be disregarded from the registration procedure.
Applications for the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) 2020: Second Round Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 09 October 2020.
Since applications are conducted online, please do not wait until the last-minute to register. This is to avoid any possible disruptions due to heavy online traffic. If you are sure that this is the right opportunity for you, we encourage your sign up immediately.
The selection committee does not tolerate any late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will automatically be disregarded from registration.
Please be kindly informed that all bursaries will be granted based on the institution’s GCRA Policy. Terms and conditions are applied onto the application procedures.