About eThekwini Municipality
eThekwini Municipality is one of the many municipalities in South Africa that is located in the KwaZulu-Natal province. Known for its hilly areas, the municipality has had an incredibly rich history since its founding. eThekwini is considered to be KwaZulu-Natal’s biggest city, accommodating a bustling port and catering to both domestic and international tourists. With its hotels, shopping malls, traditional villages, game parks and more, it’s no secret by eThekwini has become a massive favorite amongst the general public.
eThekwini Municipality aims to be one of Africa’s most livable city. Citizens come altogether to live in peace in this caring city. eThekwini is home to more than 3 442 398 residents, making area a thriving metropolitan area. The city believes that with proper attention, the municipality can develop into a sustainable and smart city in the years to come by.
About the eThekwini Municipality Work Experience Programmes 2021-2022
The eThekwini Municipality is offering Work Experience Programmes with 10 different fields for young South Africans who wish to attain professional experience. The eThekwini Municipality Work Experience Programmes are wonderful opportunities that qualifying candidates can join to obtain real-time practical working exposure in the municipality’s establishments, such as offices, workplaces, or depots. Your potential will be sharpened and you will be transformed into a better worker. If you have graduated with an accredited qualification, don’t hesitate to sign up for this opportunity.
Note: people who have previously registered for the eThekwini Municipality Work Experience Programmes must reapply.
Selected participants will be entitled to a monthly stipend based on this payment structure:
- R6 667.67 p.m (Master’s degree)
- R5 185.94 p.m (Post-graduate Diploma, Honours)
- R4 445.09 p.m (National Diploma, B degree)
- R3 556.05 p.m (2-year qualification)
R2,192.89p.m (less than 2 years qualification & WIL).
Types of Work Experience Programmes
Check out the available Work Experience Programmes with their respective preferred qualifications below:
1. Work Experience Programme 2021 Humanities (Ref. No.: ETH210129-9)
- Social Work
- International Relations
- Training and Development
- Community Development
- Political Science
- Development Studies
- Social Sciences
- Public Policy or Policy Development
2. Work Experience Programme 2021 Art and Design (Ref. No.: ETH210129-8)
- Fine Art
- Dramatic Arts
- Fashion Design
- Graphic Design
- Architectural Design
- Language Practice
- Video Technology
- Film and TV Production
3. Work Experience Programme 2021 Law (Ref. No.: ETH210129-7)
- Research and Statistics
- Internal Auditing
- Forensic Auditing/Investigations
4. Work Experience Programme 2021 Health Sciences (Ref. No.: ETH210129-6)
- Enrolled Nursing/Nursing Science
- Environmental Health
5. Work Experience Programme 2021 Management (Ref. No.: ETH210129-5)
- Project Risk Management
- Sports Management
- Public Relations
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Safety Management
- Risk Management
- Operations Management
- Quality Management
- Information Technology
- Food & Beverages
- Communication Studies
- Supply Chain Management
- Leisure Science
- Industrial Psychology
- Marketing & Digital Marketing
- Logistics Management
6. Work Experience Programme 2021 Engineering and Built Environment (Ref. No.: ETH210129-4)
- Chemical Eng.
- Construction Management
- Industrial Eng.
- Built Environment
- Electrical Eng.
- Operation Management
- Shipping and Logistics
- Civil Eng.
- Building and Quantity Surveying; Town Planning
- Process Instrumentation
- Mechanical Eng.
- Auto Electrician
7. Work Experience Programme 2021 Life Science (Ref. No.: ETH210129-3)
- Biotech/ Biomedical Technology
- Analytical Chemistry
8. Work Experience Programme 2021 Agriculture, Natural Sciences, Environmental Studies (Ref. No.: ETH210129-2)
- Waste Management
- Geographical Information Systems
- Agriculture Extension
- Environmental Management
- BSc Computer Science
- Ecological Sciences
- Media Studies
- Natural Sciences
- Nature Conservation
- Geography/Arc GIS Competency
- Environmental Science
9. Work Experience Programme 2021 Administration (Ref. No.: ETH210129-1)
- Disaster Management
- Business Management/Admin
- Public Management
- Public Administration
- Office Management and Technology
10. Work Experience Programme 2021 Finance and Economics (Ref. No.: ETH210128-14)
- Commerce related studies
- Financial Management
- B.COM Studies
Candidates interested in the eThekwini Municipality Work Experience Programmes must fulfill an eligibility criteria before working on their applications. Each of these items will be used by the selection committee to fairly assess incoming candidates. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of these following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall results of your applications.
The eThekwini Municipality Work Experience Programmes Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Has either one of the qualifications above (according to your preferred field)
- Preference will be offered to candidates considered to be underrepresented in several aspects, such as race, disability, and gender
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to give this opportunity a shot.
Note: people who have participated in a work experience/internship/in-service/WIL programme held by the Government or other private sectors for 12 months are not allowed to join this opportunity.
Apply online: eThekwini Municipality Work Experience Programmes 2021-2022.
Candidates are required to create an account on the application portal above. Alternatively, you can choose to sync your Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn accounts to save time.
By submitting your applications, you are hereby giving permission to have your information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone to be considered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications or canvassing in respect to these positions will automatically be disqualified from registrations.
Candidates must submit their applications through the application portal above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be recognized by the selection committee.
The registration process may require candidates to undertake occupational assessments and a pre-engagement medical examination.
Applications for the eThekwini Municipality Work Experience Programmes must be submitted before the closing date on 12 February 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late submissions. Candidates sending in their applications past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the recruitment process.
Announcements will only be made to candidates who have been shortlisted for the programme. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within three months past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been accepteed.
eThekwini Municipality reserves the right to make any appointments or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Do you have a question regarding the eThekwini Municipality Work Experience Programmes? Feel free to deliver your enquiries and concerns via the provided contact information below:
Telephone Numbers: +27 31 311 3192 (Lihle Sishi) or +27 31 311 3183 (Mndeni Gumede)