About Adams & Adams
Adams & Adams is an accredited law firm that had a strong presence within South Africa. Specializing in commercial service and intellectual property, the firm provides the necessary legal and technical consultations in regards to whatever enquiry you might have. The firm currently has 200 professional experts under their wing with a high level of expertise in different fields, such as commercial and property law, intellectual property law, and also litigation. As one of the country’s leading firms, Adams & Adams continues to be a reliable entity that anyone could depend on for their future legal services.
About the E.V. Adams Scholarship 2021
Adams & Adams is offering a scholarship programme for individuals who possess impressive academic abilities and plans to be a full-fledge Candidate Attorney. The E.V. Adams Scholarship is an initiative started by the firm to motivate younger generations of future attorneys. In honor of one of their co-founders, Eustace Adams, the scholarship is an annual opportunity for students pursuing in BA Law, BCom Law, or LLB Degrees. Interested candidates will be selected based on their past academic track records and their urgent need for financial assistance.
Awardees of the E.V. Adams Scholarship will be entitled to a maximum of R50 000 that will directly go towards the coverage of their studies. The scholarship is renewable on a yearly basis, provided that students can maintain at least a 75% average aggregate of their academic scores.
Interested in the E.V. Adams Scholarship? Everyone’s encouraged to apply! Before you get started on your applications, it is important that you check out the programme’s eligibility criteria. Each of these items below will determine whether you are qualified enough for the scholarship or not. Secure your spot in the scholarship by fulfilling all these requirements. Failure to do so will result in disadvantageous consequences towards the overall results of your applications.
The E.V. Adams Scholarship Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Pursuing their Degree in BA Law/BCom Law/LLB
- Registered as a student in an accredited South African University
- Students in their first year must provide their results slips from Grade 11 and
- Grade 12 (at least a B symbol for English and C symbol for Mathematics)
- Provide proof of needing immediate financial assistance
- Possesses impressive academic achievements
- Planning to pursue employed as a Candidate Attorney in the firm.
2. Personal Attributes
- Has a strong work ethic
- Upholds a high level of self-motivation
- Possesses leadership qualities
- Consistent in their studies
- Displays flexible communication abilities
- Works under pressure well
- Takes responsibility over their actions
- Analyzes through complex situations well.
Apply online: E.V. Adams Scholarship 2021.
Candidates who meet the requirements above are more than welcome to apply for this opportunity. To get started, all candidates must access the online application platform mentioned above. Applications will only be processed through this platform. Candidates found to be sending in their applications through other methods such as e-mail or fax will not be accepted.
Your online application will require you to provide these following documents:
- A comprehensive letter of motivation explaining why you deserve this scholarship
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae (with two references that can be contacted)
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
- Your Matric/Senior certificate
- A full transcript of your recent academic records on a university letterhead
- An acceptance letter or proof of registration issued by a university (for first year students)
- A marked legal assignment that does not exceed more than 12 months
- If you do not have a marked legal assignment, please prepare a legal opinion on legislation in South Africa (two pages).
Applications should include all of these documents above. Failure to provide the requested items will put your applications in a risky position under the eyes of the selection committee. Similarly, the information and documents you provide should be accurate with your current conditions. Any false information could result in failure of your applications.
Selected scholarship recipients are expected to participate in the programme’s vacation work and represent the firm as brand ambassadors during certain occasions.
- Candidates are required to display strong fluency in English – however, it is highly recommended that candidates can speak and understand in more than one language (preferably an official language of South Africa)
- Candidates have the option of pursuing an LLB directly or an undergraduate degree first before and LLB – the selection committee will not be giving preference to either one
- The selection committee will not be evaluating candidates based on what tertiary institution they are enrolled in.
Applications for the E.V. Adams Scholarship must be submitted before the closing date on 28 February 2021.
The selections committee takes their closing date seriously. Candidates founds to be making their submissions past the deadline will not be considered during the registration period.
With more than a month left until the deadline, candidates are advised to start preparing for their applications. This will give you ample time to double check the contents of your applications. It’s always better to prepare as early as possible instead of waiting until the very last minute.
Adams & Adams reserves all rights to make an appointment or not during their recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Do you have a question regarding the E.V. Adams Scholarship? Feel free to deliver your enquiries or concerns!
If you require further information regarding the programme, do not hesitate to reach out through the contact information below: