About DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy)
The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy, or commonly referred to as DMRE, is a governmental body that is responsible for the sustainability and accessibility of energy within the minerals and mining department. The sector holds the rights to provide a mining environment that is secure for all its workers. As one of the country’s integral contributors towards its socio-economic development, the department heavily invests their time and efforts into the initiatives set by the establishment. Under progressive mandates, the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy are on the right path to achieving their vision and missions by 2030.
About the DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursaries
The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy is providing full-time bursary schemes to well-qualified students who display impressive academic track records. The DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursary is an opportunity that offers financial coverage for students who are planning to take their upcoming 2024 academic year. The department believes that in order to achieve profound economic growth, it is important to emphasize the talents and strengths of this current generation. By investing into the education of today’s youths, the department has high expectations that these bursars will grow up to become leading contributors of South Africa.
The DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursaries is only available to legitimate citizens of South Africa. This bursaries is intended to provide financial aid to students who lack the monetary means to receive a proper education. Additionally, the bursary scheme is made for students who are residing in rural areas where they are unable to gain access to educational opportunities. If you think you’re an ideal candidate for the bursary, you are more than welcome to give the programme a shot.
The DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursaries is only available for these mining-related study courses below:
- Mining Survey
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Metallurgical Engineering (Extractive)
- Chemical Engineering (Mineral Processing)
- Rock Engineering
- Environmental Health and Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (Physics)
Interested candidates of the DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursaries are required to fulfill an extensive eligibility criteria before proceeding with their registrations. Each of these items below will be used by the selection committee to fairly assess all candidates. Make sure that you tick off everything in this list below if you want your applications to succeed. Failure to do so might get you disqualified from the programme.
The DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursaries eligibility criteria are as follows:
1. Allowed to Register
- Officially recognized as a legitimate citizen of South Africa
- Shows the need for immediate financial assistance
- Does not have proper access to attain opportunities
- Plans to develop a future career path in the field of Mining and Minerals
- Intends to pursue their future education in an accredited University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Must be a full-time student during the time of the bursary
- Provides a confirmation of unemployment when signing the upcoming bursary agreement
- Preference will be offered to first-year students.
2. Not Allowed to Register
- Postgraduate students are not allowed to participate in the bursary scheme
- Candidates who have attained less than Level 6 (HG symbol B) for the subjects of Science and Mathematics.
Download application form: DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursaries 2024.
Once you have downloaded the official application form for the DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursaries, please fill in all of the form queries with accurate, personal information only. Everything must be completed using BLOCK LETTERS. Additionally, put in an X into the suitable boxes.
Afterwards, please attach valid certified copies of these documents below:
- Senior Certificate/most recent Grade 12 result slip
- Most recent academic transcript
- Printed proof of registration/acceptance letter issued by the university
- South African Identity Document
- ID copies of both parents/guardians
- Death certificate (if one or both parents is/are deceased)
- Affidavit (if one or both parents whereabouts are unknown)
- Salary advice pay slips from parents/guardians (must not be older than 3 months)
- If parent/guardian is unemployed, please provide an affidavit
- Proof of residence (e.g. municipal utility bill) not older than 3 months
- A stamped letter issued by your respective tribal authority/sworn affidavit.
Once you have compiled the documents above, please fill in section C with reasons why you are registering for this bursary scheme.
Finally, send in your application dossiers through either one of these submission methods below:
The Director. Ms. Nondurniso Zulu.
The Department of Mineral Resources & Energy Trevenna Campus.
70 Meingies Street. Sunnyside
Postal Carriage: Private Bag 259. Arcadia. 0007
E-mail: [email protected].
Candidates discovered to be sending in old or altered applications will not be allowed to participate in the registration. Please be kindly informed that the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy reserves all rights to appoint any applicants with their bursary scheme.
Applications for the DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 30 November 2023.
Announcements will only be made to candidates who are shortlisted for the bursary schemes. If you have not heard back from the selection committee on or before 31 January 2024, we regret to inform you that your application is not successful.
Should you have any further enquiries or concerns regarding the DMRE (Dept of Mineral Resources and Energy) Bursaries, do not hesitate to reach out to the contact persons below.
Ms. Morongwe Madisha: +27 12 444 3860
Ms. Olga Sedibe: +27 12 444 3309